Q.: 10-button deskset w/ 50-conductor line-cord [Telecom]

Hi Bill,

I looked around for the 660 Comm Panel drawings, but all I could find were the interconnect (T) drawings. The LG lead isn't spelled out, but does show that each line's LG lead should be brought out into the (amphenol) connector when multipled with other comm panels in KTU use (specifically for a 1A1 or 1A2 system), and not strapped together at each panel. I couldn't find any SD drawings to see if the LGs were strapped together in those within the panel.

I did find the 1A2 SD drawings and while they do not breakdown the LG meaning either, it does show the LG leads into the 1A2 wired to ground.

Reply to
Andrew Carey
Loading thread data ...

"LG" = "Lamp Ground."

The 1A1 and later KTS specified separate LG leads for each line pickup.

Prior to this, there was one common LG lead for all lamp ground returns. The higher current, when more than one lamp was illuminated, created additional voltage drop, causing lamps to dim.

Reply to
John F. Morse

I remember that from when I was a kid. Back in the day my mother worked in the book keeping side for Zayre's. They had a 1A1 system there and when more than a couple of lines were in use they'd get all get very dim.

Reply to
T

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.