Not A Telemarketing Call?

Earlier today, I got a phone call from a caller that said I was chosen in a Vegas contest by one of my credit card companies. I immediately asked if this was a telemarketing call. She said no.

She started asking questions. The first one was if I was married or single. I told her I wasn't sure that I wanted to give out information over the phone. I immediately heard a busy signal in my ear. She did not call back.

I pulled up the call records on my Vonage Account. This is interesting since it is a toll-free number: 1-866-221-3437. I called that number back and got a busy when I called it.

My number is on the National Do-Not-Call-list. I therefore should not have received this call at all.

I suspect it was some kind of telephone scam. And they are obviously saavy enough to forge a telephone number on caller ID. So I don't think it was just some individual working alone.

I could report it to FTC, but that's kind of redundant since I don't have a good number on them.

Regards,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.