Re: Political Telemarketing Calls

Sorry, Fella' -

> When Congress passed the Do Not Call legislation, they deliberately left > a very large and gaping hole, viz., Political entities are exempt.

Political entities are exempted from the Do Not Call list, but as far as I can tell, they are not exempted from the delivery restrictions of

47 USC 64.1200:

(a) No person or entity may:

(1) Initiate any telephone call (other than a call made for emergency purposes or made with the prior express consent of the called party) using an automatic telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice,

(i) To any emergency telephone line, including any 911 line and any emergency line of a hospital, medical physician or service office, health care facility, poison control center, or fire protection or law enforcement agency;

(ii) To the telephone line of any guest room or patient room of a hospital, health care facility, elderly home, or similar establishment; or

(iii) To any telephone number assigned to a paging service, cellular telephone service, specialized mobile radio service, or other radio common carrier service, or any service for which the called party is charged for the call;

(3) Use a telephone faximile machine, computer, or other device to send an unsolicited advertisement to a telephone faximile machine.

I have received two political campaign calls to my cellphone in the last two weeks, one of which was a prerecorded pitch for a county sales tax measure, and the other of which was a live human.

My cellphone is in a prefix assigned exclusively to cellular, and the prefix serves cellular service in the northern San Francisco peninsula, including San Mateo, and northern Santa Clara counties..

I'm sure that a large number of the phones in the prefix belong to users who do not reside in the county of Santa Clara where the measures are on the ballot.

I filed formal complaints with the FCC and FTC for both calls, and read the riot act to the live human.

I have also received numerous calls from unidentified numbers, none of which listened to my outgoing voicemail message, which demands that telemarketers, political campaigns, and political parties place me on their do-not-call list.

Nice, eh? Did you expect legislators to cut themselves off from > telephone fund-raising and "get out the vote" entreaties? > George

-- Welcome My Son, Welcome To The Machine -- Bob Vaughan | techie @ tantivy.net | | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |

-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --

Reply to
Bob Vaughan
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.