Need Tap Into Telco Line

My telephone line goes out via the PABX of a party who I believe is listening in. We have a legal dispute, and I want to hear what they are saying too.

I have access to the tag-block with their pair and mine. How would I best hear their conversations ?

My first thought is to just temporarily connect my pair to theirs, observing the polarity, and while leaving mine on-hook, just tap-off my line into an amplifier, which I can hear while I'm working.

A second refinement, would be to use capacitive coupling to their pair.

I need to terminate my side with a high impedance, so that the capacitive coupling can also have a high impedance. So that it becomes insignificant when I receive or make a call.

If I remove my handset, so that only the audio amplifier terminates my line, during 'listening in', would it work ?

And then by just connecting my handset and/or modem could I expect to operate without significant cross-talk to the looters line ?

Thanks for any info/feedback,

== "James bLond".

Reply to
news
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.