I gotta get into retail...

These little gems should look familiar to anyone who's ever installed a Pelco environmental housing (and probably others, as well):

formatting link
I've got BOXES of them... I could be making a killing!

Reply to
Matt Ion
Loading thread data ...

At least bushings serve a purpose, even though the cited product is obviously an audiophile scam. Here's a truly useless piece of "audiophile" junk:

formatting link
$160 to keep your speaker cables off the floor??? How anyone can be so dumb that they fall for this crap and still have enough money to buy it is beyond me.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

oh yeah, cable elevators. use em all the time. great stuff/

Reply to
Mike

My uncle has an extensive collection of antique glass and porcelain insulators from old telegraph lines... maybe I should try those.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Actually, I first saw these at the Las Vegas CES show quite a few years ago. I picked one up and it was just an insulator for high tension electric lines. The company had ground a concave slot in the top to hold the wires in place. They were asking for something like $350 for a set of six or eight.

Here's another one. A security client of mine back in CT bought a used pair of Marin-Logan speakers from a store in Hartford. I was installing the alarm in his F.L. Wright home (one of a very few in the area). The speakers had been sorely abused. The previous owner had ruined the woofers. He asked me what I thought and, ever the diplomat, I said they sounded like s**t. I told him they needed new drivers.

The guy went down to the Stereo Shop (actual name) on Farmington Ave with these ruined speakers, asking for a refund. Instead they sold him a pair of new speaker cables the size of garden hoses. The next day I came in to finish the alarm installation and the guy was sitting there listening to his crappy sounding, beat up speakers with $800 cables connected to them. He asked if I didn't think the speakers sounded more "open". Phlbbbt!

Reply to
Robert L Bass

A trait they no doubt picked up from his wallet.

Reply to
Matt Ion

The thing is this guy was actually a bit of a crook himself. He ran a chain of rent-to-own furniture stores that charge usurious interest rates in the form of "lease - purchase" agreements. His stuff was crap, too. He had a decent audio system -- Macintosh amp and such. He really got taken for a ride on those speakers and the cables though. You'd think a guy like that would spot a con job a mile off. He'd be doubly ticked if he listened to my system. I have Martin-Logan speakers which I bought new and they're fabulous.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

More of a purpose than you serve, an obvious alarm DIYer scammer.

Yet you post here looking for those exact same people, so dumb as to fall for a piece of crap like you (and your website(s)) and STILL have enough money to purchase equipment.

Julian

Reply to
Julian

Braggert.

Julian

Reply to
Julian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.