Last Laugh! Doctors are Now Spamming to Get Business

Thank you: You will be contacted by one of our Plastic Surgery Consultants within

45 minutes.

TO SHORTCUT THIS PROCESS CALL

1-800-346-8104 NOW TO RECEIVE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION.

1-800-346-8104 Business Hours, Eastern Time:

8:30 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. Friday 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday googleAds.com Inc., All Rights Reserved

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today? (c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I am not so sure the doctor was spamming. Based on that opening phrase "thank you; you will be contacted by one of our consultants within 45 minutes ..." it looks to me more like an autoreply or auto-ack thing. It would appear someone either clicked on a 'contact me' button on an ad, or maybe had send email to some address given for the doctor and (as assurance he got the message) an auto ack was sent out. I know the people who write here to the Digest (even if it is spam that did not fall into the Spam Assassin trap) also get an autoack based on my assuming they were a real, serious person. Did you receieve any followup email or phone calls from the staff?

I had an instance one day where I apparently sent an auto ack to someone who had 'written' me (well actually they had not written me they had spammed me [well actually 'they' had not spammed me, some- one else unknown to them had done it in their name]) and that person decided I needed to have my backporch remodeled as a result, and they wrote back to me saying it was spam and they were go turn me in to the authorities. I wrote them back in person that time (although they had gotten a second auto-ack as a result of their actual letter) and after enumerating what I feel are the better points in my life, I said it did me good to get abused now and then, and thanked the person graciously for taking the time to write me. PAT]

Reply to
Steven Lichter
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.