Carolina Net Can't Validate E911 Info

I'm now using Carolina Net VOIP phone service. I've tried to register my street address as E911 on my phone.

Every time I try or they try, the system kicks it back as unable to validate. CN told me that the database apparently didn't include my street address.

I called E911 here in Jackson county and spoken directly to the lady who manages that database. She assures me that that address is indeed in the database. She told me to have them call her and she'd work it out with them.

I gave CN her name and number over a week ago. Tonight, they told me they had spoken with someone but wouldn't tell me who and they are telling me that the person they spoke to said that my number is not in the database.

Does anyone have any ideas about how this situation can be resolved?

Regards,

Fred Atkinson

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: You should really not have to go through the daily gyrations you seem to go through regularly to merely get your VOIP phone service working. You seem to _always_ have so many problems with your VOIP service ... and have had ever since you first started using VOIP. At this point, Fred, I would give it one final fling: document the difficulty you are having with it, take a photo of the front of your house (or wherever the street number on your house is located), try to include a small child in that photo, and in your cover letter tell them "I am tired of doing everyone else's customer service work for them. Coordinate (phone number) with (your address, [inside the building location as needed], zip code) and write back to notify me when this is done. My several attempts to accomplish this have failed. If you prefer, we can go legal with the whole thing, and we assuredly will go legal if some emergency situation arises and no help arrives in a timely manner. Thank you."

Send the photos showing your street address, the child, an elderly frail person or whatever to Carolina Net and also a copy to the regulators in your area. Then wash your hands of it. If you can document 'what happens' when you try to register the address and the system bounces it out, include that as well. PAT]

Reply to
Fred Atkinson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.