Gardtec ACE - anti code 1635 - won't set

Hi there, I wonder if anyone could help?

I moved into a bungalow last year and have never bothered to use the alarm that is installed here. We are renting and our landlord has given us the security code for it.Next door was burgled not long ago and we now want to start using the alarm.

There were quite a few power cuts in the area last summer, and ever since the panel has just displayed "power cut" (or something to that effect). I've managed to clear that message, but when I type in the code to set the alarm and I confirm with the "yes" button, it comes up with the following message:

set anti code 1635

Anyone knows what this means?? I don't have a user manual!

Cheers

Dan

Reply to
danielmc1
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like the system has been in alarm at some stage and it requires an engineer to reset. This is normally only used on a monitored system so it would be advisable to contact a local company to check it's programming to prevent it calling out. It should also be checked to see what was the alarm condition so it doesn't cause further problems.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Yes, that rings a bell... When I was decorating last year, I unscrewed the cover around the internal sounder to paint around it & the alarm went off! Entering the code stopped it but I havn't used it since, so perhaps thats what did it.

Why do I need an engineer to reset it? Is there no way of resetting it myself?

Cheers

Reply to
danielmc1

An anti code is normally generated by the control room software which monitors the system. If your system was previously monitored, and we tell you how to reset it, it may cause false signals to another customer now monitored by the control room on your systems old number. It will need to be checked and reset.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.