Dualtechs

Just wondering if anyone has any comments on Scantronic 460 dual tech (PIR+MW) movement detector?

The [wired] dualtechs I've tested, been happy with, and used in the past have all gone obsolete now, so I'm looking for a new one to use. I've picked up one of these to try out, being reasonably priced and available, but would be interested in any other experiences of this or other current products.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
Loading thread data ...

Hi Nice unit but with all devices it depends on location Don't use a lot of Cooper Menvier gear as it is somewhat expensive for domestic market and Honeywell (galaxy) fill the industrial gap well enough.I use Guardtec (risco) dualtec's in most cases for domestic and Texacom for small industrial app's but again most of these devices now have near enough the same longevity and they all supply various specification units for almost any installation. HTH CJ

Just wondering if anyone has any comments on Scantronic 460 dual tech (PIR+MW) movement detector?

The [wired] dualtechs I've tested, been happy with, and used in the past have all gone obsolete now, so I'm looking for a new one to use. I've picked up one of these to try out, being reasonably priced and available, but would be interested in any other experiences of this or other current products.

Reply to
CJ

Thanks. It's in and running, but I'm only logging it's response at the moment.

10+ years ago, in article ,
formatting link
published a review of the units I tested.

Just to update with the experiences of running these for 10 years...

Lynlock Focus Dual-tech: Two units lasted about 5 years each before becoming unreliable and generating tamper alarms (which is its method of reporting internal fault, or masking). I had initially ripped most of these out anyway, due to generating spurious masking alarms with no way to disable the anti-masking feature, but there was one place in which they seemed to work well, and lasted for 5 years each time.

Pyronix Equinox 10 (dual-tech): All still working perfectly, but did have to increase the sensitivity in one of them after about 5 years to maintain coverage. Fortunately, all are set near the lower end of their sensitivity anyway.

Guardall Astra Micra S-8 (dual-tech): All still working perfectly, without any need for adjustment.

Pyronix Octopus (PIR-only, ceiling 360 sensor) Not originally reviewed, but I also used a couple of different models of these. After about 6 years, some spurious alarms from several of them, fixed by replacements with new units.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.