Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Keys
I was ask by my local fire company to make up a ring of keys. It seams this weekend we went to the same office complex four times for an AFA. (automatic false alarm). They wont to open the glass alarm...

DSC TL-250 Communicator
Does anyone know if I can use the TL-250 to send e-mails directly without having it contact a central station also?? Bob

Flex Pass Cards - Need Some?
I got a stack of new flex pass cards that a vendor sent me swearing they were the right cards for a system I was working on. They weren't. I have had them too long to send back. Anybody want them?...

Changeover night
Im after some protocols for a changeover night. Im going to be the Toastmaster for my very first time and it happens to coincide with our clubs changeover night. There will be two other clubs sharing...

30. Regardless the wireless brand..
Regardless the brand, wireless alarm systems ARE unreliable whatever the "so called low level electrician" pro's attempt to let you believe. Its brand independent because radio waves behave alike in...

Alarmnet c programming
Does any body know the key sequence to default (not reset) an alarmnet 7845cv2 or 7845cz with the 7720p programmer?

29. By programming your alarm system can you damage..?
By programming your system alarm can you damage the programming of your alarm equipment? NO, programming of the alarm system is done by the manufacturer and can't be altered. The so "pompous" called...

Spectra
Hi there Anyone have any dealings with the Spectra, 1728 panels (Paradox) Ive recently tried to take one over (existing client in a new house) and its been locked out. (installer locked) which cant be...

Slanging matches on this forum.
I joined this group a couple of weeks ago to get some advice abt Wireless alarm systems. Thankfully, I got some decent posts from decent people. However, I am put off with the personal slanging...

ADE optima compact
Hi is ther anyone out there who has a copy of the installers manual for the ADE Optima campact security alarm system, I need to alter the entry /exit time at our local Scout group and they don't have...

28. New readers, RF intruders in wireless alarm systems
Radio Frequency (RF) intruders. The whole RF spectrum is divided and regulated by international committees who define the allowances on each frequency. The Wireless Alarm Systems have free multi user...

27. New Readers Wire less, WH0 believe in it?
WIRELESS alarm systems are unreliable, regardless the brand, during Radio Frequency Interferences (known as RFI in the radio communication world). The week point of wireless is the transmitter /...

Aventura Technologies
Anybody have any experience working with a DVR company called "Aventura Technologies, Inc" or any of their authorized dealers? BobbyD

Battery fpr PC1550
*** post for FREE via your newsreader at *** I've measured the voltage from the battery and it's only around 13.9V. I also got a trouble condition light the other day and it pointed towards "low...

Glass skylights
I haven't covered glass skylights in a long time..what's out there these days? The skylight could easily be removed with a screwdriver as well...just to add to the fun. I used to use IEI Viper's and a...