Z110 door monitor problems

I have used a z1100 at several homes in three states because my wife likes this model. During Hurricane Laura this week I shut the z1100mai power switch in the alarm control box to save the alarm batteries since we lost power.

Today our power is back on on so I turned the alarm switch back on and everything is perfect except one, the door monitor.

Instead of three beeps we a door is opened, I get about 15 beeps.

Every thing else is fine.

Help

Reply to
Rod B
Loading thread data ...

try turning the monitor command on..

press 6 then your PAC (user code)

Reply to
RTS

Are you ever tempted to give people bad advice like:

Them: How do I reset the trouble.

You: Short these pins (to reset panel.)

I never used to be, but now that I'm out of the business...

Reply to
Bob La Londe

funny you should say that.. I was called to repair an old ademco 1023 panel one time.. the original installer had placed a dead short switch across the DC output ckt, which was used as the "turn system off" switch.. They had put a 10 ohm resistor across the actual arm/disarm connection on the 1023.. ;-) I never did find out if they had made a mistake in wiring or just didn't know any better... Oddly it didn't seem to have damaged the panel.. Oh, this one was so old it was using 6vdc indicator bulbs to display armed and ready to arm...

Reply to
RTS

That was the old Ademco 215 push button remote with the red and white indic ator lights. I think those light bulb were 24 volt bulbs so they would last forever. The remotes had a keyed version too but I don't remember the part number to that one. Was it the # 256? Or was that the one with the silver front, single key and red LED and tamper switch? They ones with the red and white lights both came with either the push button or the 2400 flat key lo cks or the 1300 round UL key or with a UL round key. Click it's armed ----- click it's disarmed. So simple compared to today's equipment.

Reply to
Jim Davis

On 9/3/2020 6:43 PM, Jim Davis wrote: > On Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 11:22:08 PM UTC-4, RTS wrote: >> On 9/2/2020 5:16 PM, Bob La Londe wrote: >>> On 8/28/2020 3:56 PM, RTS wrote: >>>> On 8/28/2020 4:34 PM, Rod B wrote: >>>>> I have used a z1100 at several homes in three states because my wife >>>>> likes this model. >>>>> During Hurricane Laura this week I shut the z1100mai power switch in >>>>> the alarm control box to save the alarm batteries since we lost power. >>>>> >>>>> Today our power is back on on so I turned the alarm switch back on >>>>> and everything is perfect except one, the door monitor. >>>>> >>>>> Instead of three beeps we a door is opened, I get about 15 beeps. >>>>> >>>>> Every thing else is fine. >>>>> >>>>> Help >>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> try turning the monitor command on.. >>>> >>>> press 6 then your PAC (user code) >>>> >>> >>> >>> Are you ever tempted to give people bad advice like: >>> >>> Them: How do I reset the trouble. >>> >>> You: Short these pins (to reset panel.) >>> >>> I never used to be, but now that I'm out of the business... >>> >>> >> >> >> funny you should say that.. >> I was called to repair an old ademco 1023 panel one time.. >> the original installer had placed a dead short switch across the >> DC output ckt, which was used as the "turn system off" switch.. >> They had put a 10 ohm resistor across the actual arm/disarm >> connection on the 1023.. >> I never did find out if they had made a mistake in wiring or >> just didn't know any better... >> Oddly it didn't seem to have damaged the panel.. >> Oh, this one was so old it was using 6vdc indicator bulbs >> to display armed and ready to arm... >> >> -- >> >> *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.* > > That was the old Ademco 215 push button remote with the red and white indicator lights. I think those light bulb were 24 volt bulbs so they would last forever. The remotes had a keyed version too but I don't remember the part number to that one. Was it the # 256? Or was that the one with the silver front, single key and red LED and tamper switch? They ones with the red and white lights both came with either the push button or the 2400 flat key locks or the 1300 round UL key or with a UL round key. > Click it's armed ----- click it's disarmed. > So simple compared to today's equipment. >

You should introduce your own line of simple alarms like that. Something for the Luddites.

Luddite Alarm Systems

LAS-1 Bells and string. LAS-2 Bells and wires. LAS-3 Includes everything in a LAS-1 and a LAS-2, but includes a 12 Gage sounder. Only available in the south.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

funny you should say that..

Speaking of Luddites, lately I think we could include New York City, Chicag o Portland Oregon and a few other places. If you have to destroy something to get your point across it's good idea to trash the businesses that provi de jobs and serve your community ..... Right?

Reply to
Jim Davis

Well, I try not to get into political conversation on-line, but that's one I think warrants a lapse in judgement. The reality is you are correct. Destroying businesses and property in your home does nothing good for your community.

Police in many places do treat black people differently and protesting is also also warranted, even needed.

Most cops are decent, but there are some bad cops. An aggressive center or core of cops look out for cops no matter what. They are joined by the bad cops they protect, and they generate an air of pressure on good cops to protect all cops to hold the line in all circumstances. Doing otherwise can be perceived badly and cause social problems and even endanger their lives. "If you can't trust the guy going through the door behind you to have your back no matter what..."

My opinion. I think cops should be paid a lot more and 1/3 of those serving weeded out to be replaced by new recruits. Not just the bad cops, but the vocal "hold the line" types who protect bad cops under the guise of protecting all cops. Cops should be held to a higher standard. Its a hard job. Its high risk. They do have to be able to trust the guy who follows them through a door, but they should trust them because they can be trusted not to force them to compromise their values and morals or the law.

Black lives do matter, but the Black Lives Matter movement that is paired with OR joined by violence and destruction scares people. If you scare people they will fight or run. In the case of businesses after past riots many communities saw the businesses just didn't come back. Its historical fact. They ran. In the case of individuals its less predictable. They may retreat, but if you chase them they will stop and fight. They don't see that they have a choice. This is when things get bad. You wind up with a group that in some cases has been treated unfairly and feels they have no other options, and a loose coalition of individuals who feel they are being attacked. Both feel that they have no choice but to fight. I am honestly surprised we have not seen more situations like with the young Rittenhouse fellow. I have my opinion on that specific topic, but I'll let that go.

I will tell another story. When I was younger there was a fellow my dad knew who had a fight with his wife/girlfriend etc... He left because he couldn't take it any more. He just grabbed a few things and left. One of those things was his hand gun. He met up with a few guys and they were leaning on the back of a pickup truck shooting the breeze, complaining about women, and the things guys do when leaning on the back of a truck talking. She came looking for him, and let into him. She also attacked his having a gun. Told him he was a big pussy. Didn't have the balls to use it, and just let into him. Whatever their fight was he had retreated. He left. Maybe she was right in whatever they fought about before. The thing is she followed him and attacked him over and over and over and finally he had enough. He didn't wave his gun around. After standing there and taking it in front of the guys for minutes he just shot her.

I'll stop now, because when I get into fears and predictions of what might or what could happen there is no good way to sound reasonable. Anything I say would be reinterpreted by somebody as "against" them. I'm not against anybody if I have a "reasonable" choice.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Most of us on here, at this time, could be described as over the hill. With that said, most of us have developed a certain amount of wisdom.. And most of us have mellowed into the pudgy ole teddy bear.. So, I would be remiss if I didn't remind folks that..

"never poke the ole bear, unless you like getting your head bitten off"

"Backed into a corner", can describe many situtions, AVOID them, if at all possible...

;-)

Reply to
RTS

hing

center

by

oing

he

se

ad

ndard.

le to trust the

If you

ter

ts less

op and

things get

have

more

ion on

my dad

use he

hey

? Didn't

ight

ver they

im

his

ys for

My wife gets tired of me always saying -------

Never underestimate the power of a large group of stupid people. . And . If you don't want trouble don't be where trouble is. . And . Don't bring a knife to a gun fight . And . Genius has it's boundaries. Stupidity has no limits.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.