Wanted: used digital receiver

Had a small town fire dept. contact us to try and help them find a used old school (3+1) digital alarm receiver.

They had an old Sur-Guard I, I think.. No printer, only one line. formatting it seems is 3+1 slow.. (about as basic as it gets)

Seems their monitoring all the Vol. FD's in their county and a few others...

My guess, cost would be the main issue..

Any leads would be appreciated...

RTS....

Reply to
Rocky T. Squirrel
Loading thread data ...

3+1 is slow. All the pulse formats are slow. I went to tone formats a long time ago to reduce long distance costs, but any time I had issues I switched those accounts back to pulse format or set their back reporting as pulse format. For some reason it just seems more reliable. EVEN on VOIP lines. Had some panels also that would not take proper kissof tones for no good reason when in tone formats like CID. Switched those back to pulse and they worked fine.

Anyway. Pulse formats are slow.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Check Ebay. On a search for alarm receiver there was an Ademco 685 in the first page of 1800 results. A quick refinement showed several more.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Tks Bob, we know it's slow. Heard any of the ATT phones here in Kentucky...?... all static all of the time. There hasn't been any useful ATT tech's since the last big layoff..

22 ga wire stretched 5 - 7 miles with maybe a hundred splices.. kind-a does make for interesting connections... ;-)

We did look at some of the stuff on e-bay.. never been a real big fan of sight unseen purchases.. and if i get a piece of gear with a lot of lights and switches on it, I'm wondering if "mongo" at the fire house will be able to figure it out... LOL

tks for the feedback though...

RTS

Reply to
Rocky T. Squirrel

See what they are willing to pay. If its enough buy two of them, and sell them the good one. I did that with Penta Scanners (bought three actually) a while back because the one I bought back in 1995 (for the full freaking $5000 price) finally started to flake out. I wound up with three good PentaScanners for about $500 including shipping.

I actually liked the OHII receivers, but I sold all of mine finally. I had some non-alarm reporting going to them for a while. Pretty simple. I just had them hooked to a computer with a terminal program capturing the data and saving it to a file.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Funny thing is the "bossman" should have 4-6 old Silent Knight receivers we took out of service bu koo years ago.. they were stored away in the "barn" and haven't been seen since.. LOL

All us ole hillbillys got a little packrat in the blood, we never throw anything away. Just can't remember where we put it.... LOL

RTS

Reply to
Rocky T. Squirrel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.