Utah Integrator

I am looking for a systems integrator in Utah that will service the Park City area. Woodlands/Kamas area to be more specific. Does anyone here know of any integrators in Utah that either handle that area or may know of an integrator that does. This will be an introduction to my client's security department to handle their needs at this location. They will make the ultimate decision about who to use. I am not looking to get involved other than to help locate a company.

Bob W.

Reply to
Bob Worthy
Loading thread data ...

What are they looking for ..... a ski lift alarm or something to protect a canyon?

Reply to
Jim

What are they looking for ..... a ski lift alarm or something to protect a canyon?

You must be familiar with the area. CEO has large compound type home on top of mountain. The company they were using fell off the face of the earth. This client (company) is very active with their security program. Lots of work on upgrades, additions, preventative maintenance, etc. on all of their accounts. Camera work is planned for the Utah home now. I handle all of their security and fire here in Florida for the headquarters, as well as, aviation and marine departments and execs homes. Over the years, I have done several homes for the CEO but I am not going to Utah. They rely on me to help them identify quality companies in other areas of the country when needed. Past that, it is their call.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

WiFi access points on the chair lifts?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Bob,

I currently service several clients in Park City. My company is in Ogden, about 1.5 hours from Park City.

James B

Reply to
James B

basshome goes eveywhere!

Reply to
Bob

So does a fart.

Reply to
alarman

Farts are more pleasant.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Indeed.

Reply to
alarman

are there many intergrators in Ogden??

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Out there, that's an easy thing to do.

How do you identify that a company that you might choose has "quality"? I think you'd better try to get in touch with Rodney. (just kidding)

( I don't remember ...... where you here when Rodney was going to set up a alarm company referal website, but couldn't quite explain how he was going to determine that a company gave good service?)

Reply to
Jim

Not "old" farts!

Reply to
Frank Olson

The customer will make the final decision. Bob's probably capable of identifying "quality" companies because he knows what to look for. It's an interesting fact that a lot of distributors have a good handle on that too. When we were looking for a guy interested in doing some sub-contract work that involved a good deal of travel around the Province, we didn't have a problem finding a quality guy.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Out there, that's an easy thing to do.

How do you identify that a company that you might choose has "quality"?

I locate, they choose. That would be up to the security department for this corporation to do. They are very up on equipment, etc. They have their own construction division, facilities department with all trades employed etc. Security, fire and monitoring is something they do not do in house even though they have guard patrol and security control centers where they monitor the cameras and access control. I monitor the burg and fire for them.When it is out of state they hire locally for the security and fire. I don't go outside of Florida for them. They know quality when they see it (or not).

I think you'd better try to get in touch with Rodney. (just kidding)

( I don't remember ...... where you here when Rodney was going to set up a alarm company referral website, but couldn't quite explain how he was going to determine that a company gave good service?)

Yep, I was here. He fell of the face of the earth too.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Making good connections is worth its weight. The industry is small and when one is active outside their local business, the help is there. I have made it a point over the last thirty years to make as many good contacts as I can and always remembered to return the courtesy. Sometimes there are Kicks and Giggles, but hey, we are all big boys.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

In recent years, occasionally, I'll be offered a job by referral for someone who's too far away to make it profitable at a competitive price. I call them and explain that I wouldn't want to charge them the extra money just because I've got to spend a lot of time traveling for the install and in the future, for service calls. And anyway, since I'm always backed up with work, I could be doing closer (and thus more profitable) work, anyway. I call my local ADI and ask for someone that they know is good in the clients area, someone who's reliable and isn't a rip-off. I call the installer and tell him that I'm giving him the referral but that it's for a friend of an important customer and I'd hope that he'll do the right thing and a good job, since the referral is coming from me. Later, (weeks, etc) I'll call the (potential) customer and ask how it went. Haven't had a bad remark and a lot of thank you's from the installers.

Problem is .... I'm thinking that someday, one of these installers may want to reciprocate and I'll have to turn him down because of my constant backlog. I just wonder what they'd think about that.

Reply to
Jim

Don't ever apologize for being busy. That's actually a good thing... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Not many, the only other alarm company is Mountain Alarm.

Reply to
James B

Utahraptor the eviscerator?

Reply to
Just Looking

hopefully you're not with them

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.