ADT lawsuit

formatting link
wonder why they dropped the suit?

Reply to
Bob
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

ADT paid their insurance deductible? :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

formatting link

that must be that verified response stuff. eh. 2 hours to verify. woow . I wonder how much a month for that?

Reply to
Bob

formatting link

I can recall an incident involving a monitoring station in Edmonton. The thieves hit at the same time the station was undergoing a software upgrade to SIMS II. The Morse receiver processed an "offline" signal as a low priority "trouble" instead of a high priority "line cut" because the signal tables had to be manually translated for it all to work (a crucial "step" the station manager had "missed"). As a consequence, the operator missed the fact that the jewelry store's alarm communications had been compromised. Of course, the station "management" blamed the operator and sacked her to demonstrate to the customer that it was "operator error" instead of their gross negligence.

ADT has a "guarantee" in most of the new contracts I've read where they state they'll cover your insurance deductible if for any reason the system doesn't work "as advertised". If the jewelry and other high value goods hadn't been "value formed", then I can also imagine that such a "high profile" customer would get "extra" on top of that. Don't kid yourself. ADT "paid" for it all in the end...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.