upgrade alarm

I have a Ademco Vista 20se. The keypad is a little warn out. I was looking at getting a touch screen keypad to replace the warn out one. I am not finding one to match my system. Do I need up upgrade the main panel to get the better keypad?

Reply to
Steven
Loading thread data ...

Yes! The touchscreen keypad (6270) will work with a Vista 20P, not the Vista 20 se.

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

and the 6270 cost more the the 20P...go figure.

| | | I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you? |

formatting link
| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Wait till the 6271, it'll be worth it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Honeywell has a kit for the Vista-20P with a 6270 keypad and backup battery. It retails for $180. Dealer cost varies depending on how many of them you usually sell. The kit product number is Vista20PS-6270. The "PS" is a holdover from when they came out with a Vista-20PS (basically, a 20P with support for touchscreen keypads). Honeywell later decided to include touchscreen support in the standard Vosta-20P and did away with the "PS" but the kit still retains the name.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

If you are really into touchscreen keypad,you should take a look at the DMP latest keypad add-on..

totally transparent,it look like a small glass panel in front of your wall,till you touch it,then a blue light shine and you can see the data displayed like a normal keypad...

And if there is an alarm the keypad lights turn red...pretty nice thing...

the photo on there web site don't give justice to the KP

formatting link

"Steven" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Petem

Does it sing?

| >

| > | | > | | > | I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you? | > |

formatting link
| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yep it's neato you can actually kinda see through it..comes in 3 lovely colors. I'm getting 2 black ones for my house next week. They've been out for a while but never used 'em...kinda pricey.

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Sorta, in a strange way

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.