ul standard

I don't remember the standard number but do banks and the like have a direct connection to the police department or do they get there via the CS

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Depending on the exact UL certificate issued, they may have either a direct connection to an approved monitoring location or a connection to a central station. There are many variations in UL certifications for mercantile alarms. If there is a requirement for line security, such as UL Grade AA, then you must provide an approved means of supervising the connection to the monitoring location. This can be accomplished via a dedicated line, a two-way radio, or via network communication. The standard that specifies these requirements is UL681.

Reply to
J. Sloud

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.