Tyco is buying Broadview (Brinks)

That'll give Robert Campbell AND Jim Rojas something to bitch about :)

Reply to
mleuck
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Reply to
mleuck

This is actually good news. We already know how Tyco runs their security biz...

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Ding Dong the wicked Brinks is dead!

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

formatting link
It looks like the Broadview rebranding wasn't going very well... Brinks/Broadview will probably quietly disappear sometime in the near future... I may shed a tear, NOT!!! :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

Their business plan was sound. But due to certain economic factors, and their attrition rate which was nearing 20 percent, they were just another victim of bad timing.

Instead of being like rats abandoning a sinking ship, they decided to get what they can while they still can get it. Since Tyco has endless deep pockets, and could really care less about customer retention, it just made sense to sell to your largest competitor.

Once I heard that Broadview Networks was going after businesses, it was just a matter of the economy to tip the scales towards collapse.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

With 7 billion in revenue last year apparently very well

I never realized Brinks had over 4 million accounts

Reply to
mleuck

Way too early to tell how the rebranding was going, heck they haven't yet changed the logo on their headquarters

Reply to
mleuck

They didn't have a 20 percent attrition rate and why would going after businesses cause any collapse, thats prime territory and how ADT makes profit

Reply to
mleuck

Yeh, we'll all shit a tear.

Reply to
Jim

Hi Jim,

I don't agree, I think their business plan was awful. Giving people something for next to nothing is never a good way to do business. Lets face it, most of the freebie companies have around a 30% attrition rate, but it doesn't matter as long as they keep putting new customers online. They just play the finance game and hide the loss. The housing bust put an end to most of that garbage. I hear a large group of the ADT dealers in town got wiped out by charge backs...

If it's such a great way to do business, I wonder why I don't see more of the large regional companies giving all sorts of free crap away. You know the companies that have to pay their bills on their own, they don't have some large corporate office on Wall Street that can help out when things are tough. Everyone thought Enron and MCI World Comm were huge money makers, but the truth finally came out about those dog crap companies. I think sooner or later our large FREE PITA counterparts will paint themselves into a financial corner as well. Who knows, I may actually shed a tear for them................

Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

They didn't have a 20 percent attrition rate and why would going after businesses cause any collapse, thats prime territory and how ADT makes profit

Because almost 50% of small to mid-sized businesses fold within 1 to 3 years after starting.... ADT doesn't install free alarm in commercial buildings, only their bozo dealers do that... Come to think of it, I don't think anyone with a brain installs free systems in commercial............

Reply to
Russell Brill

Way too early to tell how the rebranding was going, heck they haven't yet changed the logo on their headquarters

Yeah, I heard that too... I guess they just couldn't let go of that Brinks logo to easy, after all, who the hell is Broadview... Kinda sounds like a chain of sandwich shops..........

Reply to
Russell Brill

On second thought... More like a Coffee shop..........

Reply to
Russell Brill

A huge deal like this doesn't happen overnight, my bet is negotiations were happening even before Brinks let em go

Reply to
mleuck

It's expensive to replace those big signs, somewhere over 50 grand

Reply to
mleuck

I heard they were waiting on that settlement cheque Rojas wrote...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Robert L Bass

RHC: Wrong again Mark !

Making wrong assumptions is getting to be quite a habit with you these days......

Reply to
tourman

RHC: Wrong again Mark !

Making wrong assumptions is getting to be quite a habit with you these days......

Reply to
tourman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.