Cheap Caravan, Motor Home, Travel Trailer - Cellular Alarm

Yeah right.

I was napping at my desk yesterday when I was awoken by a call from a buddy. He "just thought of a "brand new" idea," and of course had had to call me. He seemed to think somebody should have an all in one motion sansor alarm you could put in your motor home when you are out hunting that could call you on your cell phone and let you know that somebody was stealing all your stuff so you could hump your ass back up the canyon and close the door since they were long gone and probably stole your alarm along with your spare guns, and anything else you left in your rig. Of course it should sell for less than a hundred bucks.

It reminded me old the old caravan alarms we saw posted about here some years back. I told him to just buy an all in one Simon or whatever... of course its not retail for under a hundred bucks. LOL

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Very funny Bob,

You mean this thing??

formatting link

Just $39.99 and you just have to interface with a ADC cellular module, place your RV at a spot that has 2 bars or more signal and you are golden.

Somebody reading this could make a million buck$.

I will just sit back a wait for the door knocker to arrive. Oh, forgot I don't have a RV......................

Please read the "details" on eBay listing. The English has issues.

Thanks for the funny brain image!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

We have used something along these lines to do what he's describing...

formatting link

campers, truck drivers, boaters etc.....

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.

Reply to
RTS

I donno ..... but I would think that in the world of hunters that nothing less than a 12 gauge with the trigger tied to the doorknob would be expected.

OR

an animal motion camera so you could identify who it was ... THEN ... bring in the hounds and let the REAL tracking and hunting would begin.

Reply to
Jim Davis

As a firearms enthusiast and hunter I have to say in a very upset tone. Almost NO real hunters or firearms enthusiasts would ever EVER do the former as we all know its highly illegal in any state. Deadly or harmful booby traps are illegal. We discussed here in this group at some length these very issues with regard to Smoke Cloak (tm) if somebody where to get injured due to low visibility while trying to exit their crime scene.

However, the later is a real option. I have quite often recommended game cameras for unpowered or remote locations. BLM uses them extensively around unmanned historic sites, campgrounds, and picnic areas.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Yes, yes, I am ashamed to admit that my recommendation wasn't proper. Someone other than the intruder could be harmed. Very unsportsmanlike of me. My apologies.

I should have recommended the use of the cameras and hounds first ...... and THEN ....... use the shotgun.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.