The Panel Unlocker (Product)

I don't know if there's anyone here that can help me, but I thought it was worth giving it a try. Has anybody had any experience with a product called "the panel unlocker"? I just purchased it with three charges and it didn't seem to do what I needed to do which was basically unlock the panel.

First a little background, I have a Honeywell Vista-15P panel that I instal led for a customer that is now locked out and I cannot get into. Without ge tting into all of the details, I have a suspicion that somebody is calling up my panels using Compass software and locking them out. It's not that I a m paranoid, but after five panels now I'm starting to see a trend. I have a suspicion of who was doing it and I want to be able to check the programmi ng that was downloaded into the panel to see if there's something that may identify the culprit. I have tried the conventional ways of getting into th is Honeywell system, power cycling and then using the * and # buttons, but that didn't work. I tried the last known installer code, but just got a lon g beep, which usually indicates you are using the right code but the panel is blocking keypad programming.

I finally got onto this product called the panel unlocker. Needless to say it isn't cheap, but if it would just unlock the panel I would be satisfied. When you purchase this product, it comes with three charges for about C$15

1. I followed the instructions, and as they indicated, the unit showed the panel was locked when I placed the probes over the programming pads on the motherboard. Following the instructions I push the start button and the lig ht went from red to green indicating that the panel was unlocked. At that p oint the panel goes back into its start sequence showing a D1 on the keypad at which time you're supposed to hold down the * and # keys to get into th e programming, it did not work. The instructions also said that the install er programming would be defaulted at 9999, but again after using this code the panel emitted a long beep indicating right code, but blocked from keypa d programming. I hope the panel to a phone line and dialed it up, but was t hen kicked out with compass software indicating an incorrect CSID number.

At this point I was nearly ready to give up, but thought if it means wastin g another charge all tried again. However the problem is when I hook up the probes to the programming pads on the motherboard the unit is showing this panel as being "unlocked", but it's not.

I have sent an e-mail today to the company who makes the product, but as of yet I have not heard any response. I just thought I would ask others insta llers in this forum whether they may have had a similar experience, can tel l me what I did wrong or even if there's another way to unlock this Honeywe ll panel.

Any response would be appreciated.

Reply to
Paul Ingram
Loading thread data ...

s worth giving it a try. Has anybody had any experience with a product call ed "the panel unlocker"? I just purchased it with three charges and it didn 't seem to do what I needed to do which was basically unlock the panel.

alled for a customer that is now locked out and I cannot get into. Without getting into all of the details, I have a suspicion that somebody is callin g up my panels using Compass software and locking them out. It's not that I am paranoid, but after five panels now I'm starting to see a trend. I have a suspicion of who was doing it and I want to be able to check the program ming that was downloaded into the panel to see if there's something that ma y identify the culprit. I have tried the conventional ways of getting into this Honeywell system, power cycling and then using the * and # buttons, bu t that didn't work. I tried the last known installer code, but just got a l ong beep, which usually indicates you are using the right code but the pane l is blocking keypad programming.

y it isn't cheap, but if it would just unlock the panel I would be satisfie d. When you purchase this product, it comes with three charges for about C$

150. I followed the instructions, and as they indicated, the unit showed th e panel was locked when I placed the probes over the programming pads on th e motherboard. Following the instructions I push the start button and the l ight went from red to green indicating that the panel was unlocked. At that point the panel goes back into its start sequence showing a D1 on the keyp ad at which time you're supposed to hold down the * and # keys to get into the programming, it did not work. The instructions also said that the insta ller programming would be defaulted at 9999, but again after using this cod e the panel emitted a long beep indicating right code, but blocked from key pad programming. I hope the panel to a phone line and dialed it up, but was then kicked out with compass software indicating an incorrect CSID number.

ing another charge all tried again. However the problem is when I hook up t he probes to the programming pads on the motherboard the unit is showing th is panel as being "unlocked", but it's not.

of yet I have not heard any response. I just thought I would ask others ins tallers in this forum whether they may have had a similar experience, can t ell me what I did wrong or even if there's another way to unlock this Honey well panel.

The unit will not work if local programming is turned off by using software which sounds like what happened . only way to get back in is thru software do not know if jim rojas could help or not

formatting link

Reply to
NickMark

s worth giving it a try. Has anybody had any experience with a product call ed "the panel unlocker"? I just purchased it with three charges and it didn 't seem to do what I needed to do which was basically unlock the panel.

alled for a customer that is now locked out and I cannot get into. Without getting into all of the details, I have a suspicion that somebody is callin g up my panels using Compass software and locking them out. It's not that I am paranoid, but after five panels now I'm starting to see a trend. I have a suspicion of who was doing it and I want to be able to check the program ming that was downloaded into the panel to see if there's something that ma y identify the culprit. I have tried the conventional ways of getting into this Honeywell system, power cycling and then using the * and # buttons, bu t that didn't work. I tried the last known installer code, but just got a l ong beep, which usually indicates you are using the right code but the pane l is blocking keypad programming.

y it isn't cheap, but if it would just unlock the panel I would be satisfie d. When you purchase this product, it comes with three charges for about C$

150. I followed the instructions, and as they indicated, the unit showed th e panel was locked when I placed the probes over the programming pads on th e motherboard. Following the instructions I push the start button and the l ight went from red to green indicating that the panel was unlocked. At that point the panel goes back into its start sequence showing a D1 on the keyp ad at which time you're supposed to hold down the * and # keys to get into the programming, it did not work. The instructions also said that the insta ller programming would be defaulted at 9999, but again after using this cod e the panel emitted a long beep indicating right code, but blocked from key pad programming. I hope the panel to a phone line and dialed it up, but was then kicked out with compass software indicating an incorrect CSID number.

ing another charge all tried again. However the problem is when I hook up t he probes to the programming pads on the motherboard the unit is showing th is panel as being "unlocked", but it's not.

of yet I have not heard any response. I just thought I would ask others ins tallers in this forum whether they may have had a similar experience, can t ell me what I did wrong or even if there's another way to unlock this Honey well panel.

That would be my only suggestion also This is Jim Rojas E-mail

snipped-for-privacy@tech-man.com

Reply to
Jim

thanks a lot for the help, I'll give that a try.

Reply to
Bigguy

thanks a lot for the help, I'll give that a try.

Reply to
Bigguy

RHC: Don't waste your money. This piece of crap has been on the market far too long and only continues to exist because hopeful people continue to sen d him money. He contacted me many years ago when I was unlocking panels the correct way here in Canada, and I told him then I wanted nothing to do wit h this shit. It might even blow the board you're using it on.

Reply to
tourman

Tourman do you have any suggestions?

Reply to
Bigguy

Tourman do you have any suggestions?

Reply to
Bigguy

RHC: Yes, talk to Jim Rojas in Florida..www.tech-man.com, who is pretty muc h the only person who can assist. I do (or rather did) it for Eastern Canad a, and one other party in Vancouver. Since you are in the US, Jim's your ma n. But with boards so cheap to buy new now, it may not even be worth it. I' ve given it up here in Canada for that reason

Reply to
tourman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.