Suppliers

Who is a 'REPUTABLE' online store to buy Ademco products from?

Reply to
A43A43
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
Also try:
formatting link

My best advice... Buy "local". Find a Dealer in your area that's willing to sell you the parts. Use the "online prices" as a guide. That way you've got someone you can call if you run into trouble.

Reply to
Frank Olson

The past few months I've been making money by design/consulting/supplying/programming competenent DIYers. I've done three so far and of course end up with the monitoring as well. The DIY does all the wire pulls and hardstuff...I show up and instruct them on how to do this or that, then come back periodically as the job progesses. Seems to be working pretty good...and keeps one old fart out of dusty attics!

| >

| | |

formatting link
| | Also try:
formatting link
| | | My best advice... Buy "local". Find a Dealer in your area that's | willing to sell you the parts. Use the "online prices" as a guide. | That way you've got someone you can call if you run into trouble. |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Crash, how do you handle changing the installer code for the DIY systems ? I too have been helping DIY'ers (and even selling to them locally), but most don't want monitoring. Most DIY'ers also want to retain the ability to fool with their system whenever they feel so inclined (and quite possibly screw up the panels ability to call the station...)

The one customer that did want monitoring, I sent to a $10 monitoring centre in Toronto, because he wouldn't allow me to change the installer code while I am responsible for the system....

RHC

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

inline...

Same way I always do, if they're monitored by me they are locked and controlled by me. Sorry, you can't mess with it. If they're local...they can mess with it and then pay me to reprogram it when the screw it up. I've never had a problem being up front about this.

Of the three I'm working on now, two wouldn't have a clue how to program and have no desire, the third one is a computer geek and is actually helping me and I am showing him some programming stuff (only because he's very curious) - he knows he will be locked out of programming once it's online.

It's kinda fun teaching these guys and letting them do all the hard work!

The computer geek guy is funny he made up a spreadsheet of everything we've done, zones, model number of the window contacts (for cripes sakes!)...totally retentive.

| >

| > "Frank Olson" wrote in | > message | > news:Djkzf.257978$2k.34204@pd7tw1no... | > | A43A43 wrote: | > | > Who is a 'REPUTABLE' online store to buy Ademco products from? | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | > |

formatting link
| > | | > | Also try:
formatting link
| > | | > | | > | My best advice... Buy "local". Find a Dealer in your area that's | > | willing to sell you the parts. Use the "online prices" as a guide. | > | That way you've got someone you can call if you run into trouble. | > | | >

| >

| | | I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you? |

formatting link
| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I've had similar experiences. On one "DIY" I got a call just after

10:00 on the day the guy took off from work to do his install. He told me he was "in way over his head" and could I still send a couple of guys out to do the install at the price I had quoted. I told him no problem but he'd have to wait a week. Attics don't bother me that much in the Winter. They can be a major pain in the Summer though! :-)
Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.