Arizona License Questions...

Greetings... Can anyone advise on AZ alarm co licensing questions: Are sales reps working door-to-door required to be licensed? Technician/installers?

Reply to
Nick Lawrence
Loading thread data ...

Yes, must have Alarm Agents license in "most" cities..fingerprints, picture id. Technicians are the same...and the owner must have Alarm Business license

....AND of course a tax license in each freekin city you collect monitoring or sales tax money in - some cities have sales tax on monitoring (telecommunications tax)...and its a freekin different rate depending on which city...are real pain in the butt when doing sales tax reports every month.

And if you're doing commercial fire monitoring...the CS must be on the "approved list"...but that also depends on which city.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Hi Crash...

I was hoping to hear from you on this... I'm still a bit confused tho...

My inquiry, for now, relates only to monitored resi burg systems only...

State Law: do sales reps (incl door-to-door reps) need licenses or registration by the state?

Tuscon Law: do you know what the rules are here, for sales and tech registration/licensing?

Thx, Nick

Crash Gord> Yes, must have Alarm Agents license in "most" cities..fingerprints, picture id.

sales tax money in - some cities have sales tax on monitoring (telecommunications tax)...and its a freekin different rate depending on which city...are real pain in the butt when doing sales tax reports every month.

"approved list"...but that also depends on which city.

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

Welcome Back Nick! You're coming out of retirement? You get bored counting your millions? :-)

Reply to
no wires showing

Inline...

again...depends on the city.

No 'state' alarm or agent licenses, *only by city*. The only state lic. you'd need is a contractor's license and that you can slide under if you operate under the handyman exemption (if sale is under 750$...I think it's still 750)

Dunno nuttin' about Tucson...is that in AZ? Dunno... any the work I've done down there was subbing for nationals and didn't have to worry about agent licenses, if I needed one...oh well...I don't go down there anymore anyway.

Who are you with?...where ya based? whaddaya doin'?? :-)

or sales tax money in - some cities have sales tax on monitoring (telecommunications tax)...and its a freekin different rate depending on which city...are real pain in the butt when doing sales tax reports every month.

"approved list"...but that also depends on which city.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Ha, Ha, ha...

Yeah, got bored rid> Welcome Back Nick! You're coming out of retirement? You get bored? >

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

again...depends on the city.

No 'state' alarm or agent licenses, *only by city*. The only state lic. you'd need is a contractor's license and that you can slide under if you operate under the handyman exemption (if sale is under 750$...I think it's still 750)

I'm pretty sure the handy man law no longer applies to alarm systems as they needed to deal with all the "free" alarm resellers. The DOR was also considering some rule changes for sales tax issues.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I think it still does. I had called the ROC awhile back...maybe 6 months or so ago when I was dealing with all my licenses crap. All this bureaucratic bullshit pisses me off anyway.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

I think it still does. I had called the ROC awhile back...maybe 6 months or so ago when I was dealing with all my licenses crap. All this bureaucratic bullshit pisses me off anyway.

The part that pisses me off is the contractor recovery fund. I have been a licensed contractor for almost eleven years and so far knock on wood never had a claim or complaint filed against my license yet I keep having to pay that "bribe" to the ROC for my residential license.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

This year is my 20th paying into the slush fund! I dumped my commerical a couple of years ago....it's all a crock.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.