Skylink SC001 Panel

Recently purchased a Skylink SC100 system thinking it would give a contact closure upon alarm to interface to another unit. This does not seem to be the case and the company says there is no easy "hack" to the control panel to get a contact closure. Does anyone have or tried a solution for this. I can buy a an a/c unit to flash a silient alarm and modify that, but would rather not have to spend the extra money to do this. Thank you

Reply to
a50harrison
Loading thread data ...

How about a relay off of the siren output terminals?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Not sure if I measured that point right but showed about 14 volts DC at that point until it goes into alarm and then it drops to about 10 volts. Did not disconnect the piezo buzzer and take a measurement, will try that next..had thought about this point as possible point to break into the circuit but do not understand the constant voltage on that point

Reply to
a50harrison

take a look at how they trip the optional voice dialer...maybe there's a dry relay output for that.

| >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It appears that they provide a reverse voltage to the siren while it is in the off mode and switch voltage to provide a tone. I can slave off of this with a relay. Thanks for the input. I will also look at the dialer output if I can find it on the board.

Reply to
a50harrison

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.