Security Systems Useless During Worst Case Emergency Crisis

From living in South Florida in or near the eye of three hurricanes,

none of which were rated above a Category 2, let me make this observation. I started selling security systems right after the two hurricanes last year that made landfall within a mile or two of each other near Sewalls Point. This year I was selling for Bell South Security (I call them Hell South for many reasons, but they do have good equipment, and low prices for those interested).

During the conversations I have had with both my sales and non sale appointments, and this includes active and retired law enforcement officers, I have the following very important information to be true in every locality. The backup battery lasts for 2 to 3 days at best during power failures. I always recommended to my prospects to hook their systems into their generators, if they have them. There are an awfull lot of people that do NOT have generators, and don't plan on getting one. So, when the power is out more than 2 days, you have no security system at a very critical time. So, who ya gonna call, Ghostbusters?

The active and retired law enforcement officers I spoke with have informed me that a residential, or small business security system alam call from a monitoring center, has one of the lowest priorities during ANY type of critical local, state, or national emergency. That means your security system won't do much more than wake you and a neighbor up, MAYBE.....but not with a dead battery!

One of many reasons this is very important is because of the high crime rate during and after a storm. The thugs are on the streets exploiting the situation, knowing the police can only handle so much. There are alcoholics, drug addicts, and other bottom feeders out there (when they are here trying to shoot me down) desperately trying to find a fix, rob someone for cash, or rummaging for a drink of alcohol. Remember, all the stores in the area won't have electricty for days, weeks, or months. That means their usual source for their "mind altering substances", and the pipeline isn't operating normally. Desperate people do desperate things. The police simply can't be everywhere at once. In New Orleans, the gangs basically tried to take over the city. They suceeded for a short time. If they were near you, and wanted what you had, they would just take it.

My recommendation is to prepare for that day when you will have to defend yourself and your family. Your security system will give you a false sense of security in many cases.

During 911, do you think law enforcement was responding to ANY burglary alarms? I doubt it. If we had a major attack of any significance, don't count on your alarm system to defend you.

The bottom line is that when you need a security system to helpyou the most, unfortunately, you probably won't find it very effective. I recommend you find alternative ways to safeguard your families and yourself.

Reply to
Sonicduck
Loading thread data ...

we used car batteries during hurricanes down here, for alarm clients that didnt have that great new technology called a "generator" ... then again nothing beats a good shotgun!!

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Lets see...

1. You cut down ADT
  2. Then you say Bell South/P1 has an unbeatable deal for a security system
  3. Now you say security systems won't work
  4. Make up your mind

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Lets see...

1. You cut down ADT
  2. Then you say Bell South/P1 has an unbeatable deal for a security system
  3. Now you say security systems won't work
  4. Make up your mind

*********************************************************************************

That was a heck of a post. My hats off to ya. I can't argue with your logic

Reply to
Sonicduck

I showed that HI is an unavoidable nuisances for alarm systems in several posts. I had a hurrycane who muzzled my alarm system for more than 1 year before i discovered it by accident, no warning. By measuring i found the original source of HI, Katrina;

Notice that there was no warning and that pro's confirm, 20+ years of theyre experience = no HI warning.

I also have explained how alarm system radio data is send from sensors to the receiver and how it is jeopardized by collisions and interferences during hurrycanes. I mentioned too that the frequencies used by wireless alarm systems are authority interference unprotected ones and of free use by anybody (you, car keys, light dimmers, headphones , hurrycanes(the worst) and more).

I DON'T SELL any alarm system but can't admit, like i was induced in error, that owners and future owners are mislead on the subject by low level mechanics who have not the most elementary clue on hurrycane interference.

The only reaction where insults.. but coming from low level hammer and cleaning cloth handlers, it will mot muzzle me.

WHY do manufacturers not provide any specification on theyre hurrycane interference problems; its the only thing who is different in comparisons to wired systems. Why do they not specify hurrycane data on theyre wireless goodies or is it junk?

submitted on behalf of the Belgian Waffle

Reply to
Doug L

"....I showed that HI is an unavoidable nuisances for alarm systems in several posts. I had a hurrycane who muzzled my alarm system for more than 1 year before i discovered it by accident, no warning. By measuring i found the original source of HI, Katrina;

Notice that there was no warning and that pro's confirm, 20+ years of theyre experience = no HI warning

I also have explained how alarm system radio data is send from sensors to the receiver and how it is jeopardized by collisions and interferences during hurrycanes. I mentioned too that the frequencies used by wireless alarm systems are authority interference unprotected ones and of free use by anybody (you, car keys, light dimmers, headphones , hurrycanes(the worst) and more). ...."

***************************************************************************************************

My recommendation is to obtain several cans of WD-40. If you have a smaller home, then get the smaller cans, if you have a large home, get the big daddy cans. Just prior to the hurrycane traveling near your home, get said cans and spray the frothy liquid all around your home in a square or rectangular layout pattern. Saturate the ground heavily, and make sure you cover the front and rear areas around your home.

For some reason, the WD-40 mist interacts with the fast moving air hitting your home, causing the devastating winds to "glide" smoothly over your house. The WD-40 evidently lessens the friction as it interacts with the winds. This is what a hurrycane expert told me. He was also an "interference expert, and security system installer.

I'm not sure as to the effectiveness of his advice, but I am going to buy stock in WD-40 just in case you decide to try my advice.

Reply to
Sonicduck

Umm.. WD-40. Riiiiight... I would still invest in a nice shotgun, but I live in Missouri so HI is not a huge problem here. ;p

Reply to
Impalpable

I think the bubonicduck would have you invest in aluminium shutters since that appears to be the product he is peddling now. Depending on his degree of success as a latter day tinman, next month he may spin a yarn attempting to convince us that the best protection may come from a Kirby which will suck up the Hurricane without damaging your house, with the added bonus that if it doesn't protect your home from damage it will help clean up afterwards..

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Stick with the WD-40. If you live in snow country, spray it all over your driveway, and the snow will slide off, and you won't have to shovel.

;-)

Reply to
Sonicduck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.