SECURITY COMPANYS WANTED

ACCOUNT & BUSINESS ACQUISITIONS WANTED

Alarm Monitoring Contracts and accounts

NEW YORK CITY AND LONG ISLAND AREA

Joseph J. O'Brien Security Communicatons, Inc.

631 665-2200 ext 21 Fax 631 665-5549 snipped-for-privacy@scionlineny.com
formatting link

Business Brokers welcome

Reply to
ceo2456
Loading thread data ...

I don't think I'd trust any company that can't even run a spellchecker on its advertisements.

Reply to
Matt Ion

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: ACCOUNT & BUSINESS ACQUISITIONS WANTED Alarm Monitoring Contracts and accounts NEW YORK CITY AND LONG ISLAND AREA Contact: Joseph J. O'Brien Security Communicatons, Inc.

631 665-2200 ext 21 Fax 631 665-5549 snipped-for-privacy@scionlineny.com
formatting link
Business Brokers welcome
Reply to
Robert L Bass

advertisements.

Hmm. I reposted the original just to see if MSOE's spell checker picked up anything but it didn't.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

advertisements.

anything but it didn't.

Well MSOLE sucks because "communications" is spelled wrong.

"Security Communicatons, Inc."

Reply to
Moe Szyslak

Reply to
Roland

It's probably just overwhelmed dealing with all my typos. I can spell fine. I just can't tpye. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I believe the spellcheck ignores capitalized words by default. Reterded way to configure a program really. :)

Although it can be corrected in Word, probably through OE too.

Reply to
shady

I have mine set to only ignore quoted replies and URLs. It still misses a lot of errors. There's a setting to use Word to compose but it's too slow and Word imposes its own clunky styles on the post.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

advertisements.

anything but it didn't.

Doesn't surprise me.

There are at least two that are painfully obvious: "companys" in the subject, and "communicatons" in the company name in the signature.

I mean hell, if you can't even spell your own companys(sic) name correctly...

Reply to
Matt Ion

Reply to
Tommy

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Reply to
Matt Ion

Reply to
secure15

Well, as long as she says it loud enough, at least she'll always sound precocious!

secure15 wrote:

Reply to
Matt Ion

Yep! Once i said to me girl and now me girl's me wife!!

Reply to
Tommy

Technically, that's not a real word. AFAIK, the longest real word in the language is antidisestablishmentarianism.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

-adjective (used as a nonsense word by children to express approval or to represent the longest word in English.)

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc.

Reply to
Tommy

Try Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis or Floccinaucinihilipilification or even Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Reply to
Roland

And for that matter, from

formatting link

------------ Critics' belief that the word itself has obscure origins has created some debate about when it was first used historically. According to Robert B. Sherman, co-writer of the song with his brother, Richard, the word was created mostly out of double-talk.

Roots of the word have been defined, as Richard Lederer writes in his book Crazy English as follows: super- "above," cali- "beauty," fragilistic- "delicate," expiali- "to atone," and docious- "educable," with the sum of these parts signifying roughly "Atoning for educatability through delicate beauty." This explication of its connotations suits the fictional character of Mary Poppins, in that she presents herself as both superlatively beautiful and also supremely intelligent and capable of great achievements.

------------

("Explication" - interesting word ;)

Also, according to

formatting link

------------ Major dictionaries

The longest word in any major English language dictionary is pneumono­ultra­micro­scopic­silico­volcano­coniosis, a 45-letter word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of fine silica dust. Research has discovered that this word was originally intended as a hoax. It has since been used in a close approximation of its originally intended meaning, lending at least some degree of validity to its claim.

The Oxford English Dictionary contains pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters).

The longest non-technical word in major dictionaires is flocci­nauci­nihili­pili­fication at 29 letters. Consisting of a series of Latin words meaning "nothing" and defined as "the act of estimating something as worthless," its usage has been recorded as far back as 1741. In recent times its usage has been recorded in the proceedings of the United States Senate by Senator Robert Byrd, and at the White House by Bill Clinton's press secretary Mike McCurry, albeit sarcastically.

Other notable long words

Anti­dis­establishment­arianism (a nineteenth century movement in England opposed to the separation of church and state) at 28 letters is still in colloquial currency for being one of the longest words in the English language.

------------

So there. Bass needs a new copy of the Guiness Book of World Records.

Reply to
Matt Ion

OMG! Imagine the poor folks from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch trying to fill out immigration forms where you have to enter your home address about fifty times. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.