Reporting codes

Does anyone know where i can find a list of different reporting codes. i am mostly looking for the old 4+2 format. i am picking up some takeovers of old Safelink systems that do not support contact id.

Reply to
Tommy
Loading thread data ...

What to you mean?

Reporting codes can be anything you want... I used to use 00-10 for system troubles, 11-19 for fire alarm related, 20-29 duress, panic etc, 30-49 alarm zones, 50's for shunts, 60's restores, 69 test, 70's opens, 80's closes etc.

Main thing is to set the panels up all the same way

Reply to
Crash Gordon

these young'uns are spoiled with CID SIA etc, these days huh.

:-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

There is no settled standard for 4x2. As Mr. C. Gordon has already noted, you need to know what you are programming, or what the panel is set to send, and notify the CS as to what they mean and how to respond.

If you are going to use the existing programming you will absolutely need to know how the panel is configured/programmed.

X.

Reply to
X. Boschman

yah mon i overstan'

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hi Tommy,

As someone else already mentioned, 4+2 format can be anything you want. However, there is a SIA standard set of definitions for

4+2 reporting. I believe I may have posted it once before in this newsgroup.

I have the SIA document on my PC in the States but not on the laptop I'm using here. If you don't get it elsewhere, ask me via private e-mail and I'll have someone go into my office and forward it.

That said, very few companies actually adhere to SIA standards with the older systems. You might be better off just testing each code on one system through to the central station. Most likely they will have used the same parameters on all systems.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Dat's old hat, mon. TCP/IP is da t'ing now. 8^)

X.

Reply to
X. Boschman

I thought that CID and SIA were developed to help installers to overcome Jacks "thinking on the job" syndrome

Reply to
Jim

you can still screw up cid/sia...try playing with the Omni 408 toy.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

CID and SIA were created to make non-thinkers believe that at the Installation level, you couldn't screw it up. Then some so-called thinkers pointed out that a non-thinker at the other end can screw it up through the Automation programming at the Central Station. And this is why 30 years later, after the invention of the digital communicator, we are as advanced as we are today....

Reply to
Jackcsg

That's because nearly all the manufacturers have their own interpretation of it. Send CID with an XR-200 with 186 points on it, sit back, and enjoy the conversation with the people at the Central Station. I did a Fire-Lite 9200UD a few weeks ago...that was entertaining... I work with DICE occasionally on issues of such, all they tell me is what sucks, and it's not them. It's like a UPC label...nifty method of identifying items...but just feel free to make your own version, the shipping/receiving industry won't mind at all....

Reply to
Jackcsg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.