Re: Book Review

Rush Limbaugh stated on Friday that, Sarah Palin's new book was the most

>substantive political book he's ever read. For once I believe him. :^)

Most plausible!

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

The *news* part of the story is that he actually reads. The book, which is supposed to be her life's story, is all of 4.5 chapters long. The half-chapter is the story of her term as the governor. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The NYT gave it a stellar review:

formatting link

"Its most compelling sections deal not with politics, but with Ms. Palin?s life in Alaska and her family. Despite an annoying tendency to gratuitously drop the names of lots of writers and philosophers ? in the course of this book, she quotes or alludes to Pascal , Plato , Aristotle , Thomas Paine , Pearl S. Buck, Mark Twain and Melville - she does a lively job of conveying the frontier feel of the 49th state, ...."

and...

"She suggests that the $150,000-plus designer clothes were the campaign?s idea, that she and her family are actually frugal coupon clippers, who shop at Costco. And she says she was manipulated into doing that famous series of Katie Couric interviews (which would do much to cement an image of her as an easily caricatured ignoramus)"

Reply to
G. Morgan

*She* didn't write it. She hired a ghost writer. Palin is the most inerudite rube to parade around the country in decades. She doesn't even know who Melville, Pascal Bcuk are.

Can I interest you in a nice bridge? Not only did she demand the wardrobe. The RNC actually had to send someone up to Alaska to retrieve some of the purloined clothes. I'd be surprised if that idiot didn't steal towels from her hotel bathrooms.

I suspect she would have done that even without Katie Couric. I found the whole thing extremely entertaining.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Like you?

Reply to
mleuck

I've never met Katie.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Nor have I, but I'm sure she'd be much more interesting to talk with than the Wasilla Hillbilly.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

And yet here you are talking about Sarah

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.