Re: Best Advice For Security System

I would also recommend the cellbackup, and smoke monitoring.

Most of the affordable cell backups are specifically designed to deal with standard CS signaling. Telguard does manufacture some (very expensive) cell backups that will work on an analog cell network on the voice channels and provide functionally the same srevices as a landline. The equipment is expensive, and the service is expensive.

If you buy your equipment outright you can probably have it monitored including cell service for about the same amount (or less) using your landline for your primary communications and a modern contral channel unit for your cell backup. If you want to save on the cost of a landline (not have one at all) and use your cell for all communications the cell service will be slightly more, but the difference will probably be less than the cost of the landline. This is using a modern cell backup that uses the data control chanel of cellular.

I'll leave it to others to tear up the rest of your post.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Bob,

Telular has some new goodies out now... Checkout the TG-1 & TG-4, the TG-1 (priced around $230) is for customers that don't have a traditional phone line, here a link to Telular's new line of products

formatting link

Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Hi, It is interesting to see and read how you think about this business in your side of the ocean. Here we have had these burglary panels that using gsm network and control panel are wireless as well, a quite a long time. Yes, end of users can install this alone too, but in most case, installers are needed.

You get a good idea what i talking about, if you look a one producher from Norway.

formatting link

I think that Bosh have also made something new too lately. Everything what you install of that central is "all in one". Central, dialer(cellular) and keypad. if you want, you can use remote control, Short message or wireless keypad to control your alarm system.

But as i sayed, mostly these products still need a professional installer. He install this product to normal residental house in 20 minutes.

Then, how end of user use this, is an another thing. Mostly those panels calls to your cell phone, but also to monitoring stations. Over cell network is DTMF formats are most sure protocol to use.

This kind of panels are good when you dont have land line close. Summer house, or building area etc. etc.

I have seen that this kind of products give more and more work than wired "old kind" alarm systems.

I dont know, does your market have these kind of products, but here they did make our business more better.

Christofer Finland

Reply to
C.Waterhill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.