PIR motion detector on screen porch?

It will.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

I am thinking about adding a PIR type motion detector on my screen porch. The detector will be about 20 feet away from the metal screening. I do not want to pick up motion of possible deer outside or heating of the screens. Has anyone had experience with this environment?

PaulF

Reply to
Paul Ferguson

Most PIR's can be adjusted (their range reduced) so that they won't "see" further than you want. For certain types of applications you may also wish to mask the lens. To do this, open the detector and place white electrical tape on the part of the lens corresponding to the area you don't want it to "see". For outdoor applications where it's not directly exposed to weather (won't get wet), I'd use a "quad" type sensor or go with a unit like the Paradox DG-75.

Good luck!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Uh.. Frank, are you referring to the DG 85 outdoor motion as opposed to the indoor DG 75 pet immune device ?

RHC

For outdoor applications where it's not directly exposed to weather (won't get wet), I'd use a "quad" type sensor or go with a unit like the Paradox DG-75.

Good luck!!!

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

In a "sheltered environment" such as the OP indicates this is, the DG-75 would do just fine.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.