Peeled Up door- anybody got a picture

For the second time in 18 years I have run into someone who had the back door(steel)in ther business pried up from the bottom to create an opening big enough to crawl in.

The top of the door never moved in the frame so ...well you can guess how well the door contact performed.

I am writing an application note on how to prevent this from going undetected and was looking for a picture of a door in such a state (the last guy took picture for his insurance company but can't find them now ("I probably deleted them from my desktop") and the first time was 10 years ago and digital pictures were only a twinkle in someones eye.

Anyone had this happen - got a picture you'd like to share?

I don't know how many pictures I have looked at in Google now with no luck

door pried

door bent

door burglary

door break in

Although I did find a really nice blog whih I'm adding to my feeds

formatting link

Reply to
Eyeball Kid
Loading thread data ...

There should have been at least a motion detector backing up the door. If you have 6 doors in 6 different areas...Thats right! 6 motions to back them all up.

Depending on door contacts is never enough. Well placed motions will at least minimize the potential loss.

Jim Rojas

Eyeball Kid wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

You can do photo beams too to save money when there are a bunch of OVH doors in a row. It usually means more service calls though.

Reply to
Roland Moore

There's an "easier method". Install two deadbolts. Put the second about a foot up from the bottom of the door. Bob Campbell's a big proponent of "hardening" the premises, and it may not always be the most cost effective method to install a bunch of motions (or a beam detector). Besides, all it takes is one dumb employee in a warehouse to block the beam or PIR.

Reply to
Frank Olson

frowned upon if the door is considered a fire exit - I'm all for the motion backing up the door

Bob Campbell's a big

Reply to
Eyeball Kid

These days I only use the Sentrol clamp on switches...install them about foot off the floor - no more service calls to fix snagged cables and its still low enough to detect a push in. AND...then install in about 1 minute.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

This is not peeled, but it's pretty dramatic.

formatting link

Reply to
Sue

Not what I was looking for but very funny!!

>
Reply to
Eyeball Kid

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.