PC 3000 replacement panel suggestion

Have a customer with an old DSC PC 3000 slowly dying and looking at upgrading with another DSC panel which would be a good one to replace it with. and which keypad would cover up old LCD 600 keypads.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Just replace it with a PC1616 & a zone expander, if you were using all

16 zones on the PC3000.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

RHC: Just out of curiosity, how does a PC 3000 "slowly die" ?

Reply to
tourman

RHC: Nick, I'm going to go against my own advice and say that I will send you another 3000 board no charge if you wish. I have literally dozens of them sitting around. But changing it out is far better.....

Reply to
tourman

I too have dozens of them, but I do agree that upgrading that oldie but goodie is a far better choice.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

RHC: Good morning Jim !

Yeah, for sure better to change things; however, often the client has a mess of keypads that need changing as well, which can up his costs dramatically. Pretty much the only reason I keep these clunkers in service...

Reply to
tourman

That's what I was thinking the 1616 you can definitely see there has been some heat on the board from spikes etc i figure i will be replacing sooner than later. and some of the keys are wearing out on keypads as well.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.