OT: German kids have a "leg up"... :-)

Loading thread data ...

No wonder the US public schools are turning out illiterate graduates!

PS...

Why did you change to you 'real' name? Was it all along the threat of an individual doing RL harm?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Both names are "real". One I was born with. The other people actually know me by. From everything I'd read about participating in public newsgroups it was suggested that you adopt a screen name. If you recall, when I first started posting into the group, I was going under the name "Horus". Actually, come to think of it, you probably weren't here back then.

Anyone that wants to go "RL" (in a negative way) with me is probably someone I wouldn't be responding to anyway. I've learned a lot in this group and I have a great deal of respect for the participants I've communicated with (both on and off the group).

I guess it all boils down to "youze takes your chances".

Reply to
Frank Kurz

I was here when you had that name (or at least when you had that as your email addy). You beat me here by about a year give or take a few months.

Yep. Well, I'm glad I don't have to hold on the secret anymore :-) I was afraid a certain someone would ask, and I'd have to politely decline to answer.

Reply to
G. Morgan

He knew.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

It comes down to comfort level post your real name or not. same old issue have your phone number listed or not. I love it when people say they can not get hold of me when I have a land line, cell phone ,pager, emails, internet and snail mail if your really trying to find me you will. There are so many people who think I am dead because they heard about the stage 4 cancer diagnosis and last time they saw me I did look really bad. Thank god the good lord does answer prayers . Its kind of funny and tragic how people who have not seen me for couple years and I now run into them and they dam near have a heart attack because they think there seeing a ghost.

Reply to
nick markowitz

RHC: I've been on this newsgroup for 15 years, always using my real name; my website has all my contact information as well, and I've never had any sort of a problem. Unless you invite trouble through undue controversy, I don't think others would do such a thing out of spite.

I've definately been called naive before; however, what can anyone really do unless you are prone to receiving bad things and taking them for more than they actually are.

Reply to
tourman

Same way here have not been bothered all these years. its a matter of professionalism and courtesy and crossing swords in a gentleman's matter. Those who can not play by the rules invite there own problems.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Nick, what is your current status with that? Are you in full remission now?

Reply to
G. Morgan

So far 2 years out in remission with no sign of recurrence. They say at 7 years it is full remission for what I have. Given fact 5% even get to where im at thats pretty dam good batting odds. This is my biggest worry it coming back and where. hopefully I will make it 20 or more years if the Good Lord allows. Needless to say lots of diet and life style changes and side effects to deal with in my quest to stay a survivor. There are not many of us so I do as much research and networking with survivors of all types as i can on it.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Well that's super news! Keep up the pace, and all the best. You will beat it!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Thats the plan thank you for the concern and great thoughts.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Jim wrote:

Reply to
G. Morgan

Not anymore.

Reply to
Jim

LOL!

Reply to
mleuck

Good one!!

Reply to
petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.