Open platform ? integration

Is any one using an open platform software that allows alarms. card access cameras id badging and gates to integrate with numerous manufactuers products to allow integration of functions. they like

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.
Loading thread data ...

These guys support a large number of vendor's cameras and encoders.

formatting link
guys are at the high end price wise. About $200+ per camera license wholesale.

Reply to
Roland Moore

DVTel Longitude will do what you're describing.

formatting link

DVTel?s Longitude IPAC module is an open system with standard features that include access control, alarm monitoring, graphical maps, automation, reporting, and a browser-based user interface. Optional features include video badging, time & attendance, visitor management, redundancy, and PLC for courts and correctional institutions. Longitude IPAC provides a wide range of features, unequaled reliability, unlimited scalability, and the best price/performance in the industry, including:

? Access Control - Card and/or Biometric ? Automatic Access Privilege Assignment ? Alarm Monitoring ? Security Automation ? Web-based Access Management ? Photo ID Badge Creation ? Human Resource System Interface ? Time & Attendance ? Visitor Logging

Additionally, Longitude communicates with and can support most vendors? access control hardware including access control panels and readers. With Longitude, you are not locked into proprietary access control hardware. Download Information on the Longitude IP Access Control Product Line:

Reply to
J.

Isn't the DVTel access control stuff is just HID brand OEM hardware? I think of DVTel as almost a virtual company. It started using Verint (and a few Bosch a.k.a. VCS) encoders and Genetec software. Once Genetec cut them off (or they cut Genetec off- depending on whose story you buy into) they started developing their own stuff, but their in house stuff still has some rough edges. I have tried to work with those boys on a few projects, but they are sometimes too out in front of the product feature wise for my comfort. I hate it when you get something to work and the tech support guys want to ask YOU how you did it. When the product is oversold by the factory, and the job is oversold by the sales guy, the customer ends up with the short end of the stick. Using DVTel can get you their in the weeds faster that other gear that has been around longer. I know of a few attorney enrichment programs going on now involving DVTel.

"J. @netscape.net>" >

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.