NX8- V2 not uploading

Some panels don't have any problems with VOIP on the alarm transmission end. The "problems" start when you try to download them.

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

other panels download to voip? depends on the kind of voip. cable company voip is usually ok. internet voip is usually not ok.

Reply to
Norton Nescio

FYI my experience is that "cable company voip" is MAYBE ok if the right modem is use.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

this is a cable, not sure of the modem not sure if the voice bandwith. (is there a FCC 68 standard of bandwith for voip??) never notice any lost data packet from this voip (have noticed weak echo from time to time..)

Tks..

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Close. Voice Over Internet Protocol.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Does that fit on one or two lines of an LCD keypad display??

Reply to
Frank Olson

There is nothing wrong with the NX-8 in fact GE has greatly improved it with the V2 series

Hell my favorite test panel is a v2 NX-8, I've got it loaded down with keypads, receivers, a 534 2-way board and I connect to it over the network, the ONLY thing I can think of to critisize it is that it takes forever to upload the alpha text. I have had no problems connecting to any NX panel, I have configured over 20 workstations which also have no problems and I'm using the same modem he is.

But the worst insult is you dare compared that POS Napco 1632 to it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

No it isn't, they added one that is a different shape in fact it's thicker than the old one

I didn't notice any difference however I didn't compare the old and new enclosures

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It worked didn't it?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Shit there you go

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It depends on the VOIP service more than the panel

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I never compared the GEM-P1632 to the NX-8V2, I offered it as an alternative to GE's trash can panel. I never said it would do all of the things the NX-8 is supposed to do. The GEM-P1632 is not State-of-the-Art, however, it consistantly performs as specified by Napco. I doubt anyone can claim the same for ANY of these $50 do-it-all panels. I apply KISS (Keep it simple stupid) to most installations because very few jobs that I get require a MONSTER panel that can do everything conceivable to man. I do have some older NX-8's installed, never had a problem with them. It's been a differrent story for the NX-8V2. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the V2 did some funny things that I've never had happen with the POS you mentioned. I think I'll stick with the Pile I'm used to, and you seem to enjoy the smell of your Pile, so wag your tail and dig in :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

All I can say is it's a good thing you didn't compare it to an AT&T 8000, then I'd really be upset

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Nah, for really big jobs I prefer the Moose Z2000 over a GE panel any day :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

That's Protocol, not Provider.

Voice Over Internet Protocol

Sue

Reply to
Sue

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.