Numerexsolutions;GE-NX8E; GSM Digital Cellular

Problem: Signals (SIA format) from NX8E, via new GE-591E-GSM Digital Cellular Modules (as well as older analog units), to two different QuickAlert II's, each in separate locations, are not being displayed/recorded properly.

For the past two weeks I have been testing the old analog 591E modules and have discovered that when the cellular signals are received by NumerexSolutions, the event codes and associated data are displayed correctly on the GE/Numerex website, but when the same data is re-transmitted by Numerex to my CO via long distance (using my 888 number), the data is not accepted by the Ozzie, causing Numerex to retransmit several times, all failures.

When I change the 888 number to my local number in area code 781, the data from Numerex is correctly displayed/printed.

After much testing of the analog 591E, even bringing my "Test" QuickAlert II (which I use to bench test all panels/configurations before installing) to the CO and temporarilly connecting to the 888 numbers, I have come to the conclusion that the SIA data burst sent to the CO receiver(when dialing the 888 number) is either too fast, or corrupted by Numerex's re-transmitting equipment, or bad long distance phone lines, or the long distance phone companies specs don't allow for these very fast bursts of data (which SIA uses).

Bear in mind that when the signals are sent over land lines (not cellular) the signals are correctly received! The problem only exists via cellular, and GE has contracted with NumerexSolutions to handle the cellular signals from users of the NX591E units.

Though I have spent many hours with GE tech support people and the Numerex support techs, they have failed to resolve the problem.

I told all the tech people as well as my local GE rep that I would write a detailed report of my problem, the avenues I took to resolve it, and my conclusions as to where the problem DOES NOT lie, as well as where I think the problem really is and who is ultimately responsible for resolving it.

I have not yet written the report. I decided to try one more experiment: Since the analog units are being phased out in early

2008, I decided that now is the time to order a few of the new Digital GSM units from GE and bench test them before swapping them with the older analog units. Maybe the new units will act correctly when talking with the Ozzies.

Guess again! Similar problems via cellular; transmissions via land lines still perfectly fine.

Regardless of which of two Ozzies I send signals to via NumerexSolutions, and regardless of which phone number is dialed (local or 888) the data is either not accepted by the receivers or "uncatologued" is preinted.

Here is what I would like to do: I need one of you who owns one of the new OH2000E's to permit me to send in a few signals to see if the signals are received correctly or if they come through corrupted.

With this information I may have a better understanding of the problem. It could very well be the older QuickAlerts, but I find it difficult to believe the receivers are at fault, simply because I get hundreds of valid SIA signals via land line every day.

Best way to reach me is via email: snipped-for-privacy@shore.net

Many thanks.

Reply to
chasbo
Loading thread data ...

Additional info:

In my experiments I am using two Ozzies, several different phone numbers, two digital cellular units, two analog units, two NX8E panels, two different account numbers. No matter what configuration mix I use, the results are similarand in most cases identical. Even signals sent to NumerexSolutioins receiver were corrupted!

I >Problem: Signals (SIA format) from NX8E, via new GE-591E-GSM Digital

Reply to
chasbo

works good with surguard

Reply to
brent

My first thought would be that your tol free provider is compressing their signal too much and distorting either the data or the kiss off tone or both.

MCI/WorldCom come was horrible for it. I actually saved money switching to AT&T for a while until they renigged on their pricing agreements. Now I use Inter-Tel and their pricing agreements and service have both been excellent even though they are a reseller for Sprint.

-- Bob La Londe The guy who decides who we do business with.

The Security Consultant PO Box 5720 Yuma, Az 85366

(928) 782-9765 ofc (928) 782-7873 fax alarm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Contractors License Numbers ROC103040 & ROC103047

Reply to
Bob La Londe

IMO the most likely culprit is the toll free provider. Since Uplink does not charge for the toll I would consider just using the local number from them.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

try the 592E alarm dot com module it might work

Reply to
brent

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.