Need monitor for focusing/position

Still a greenhorn at this guys. I'm looking for a decent small monitor for camera focusing/position. I had a 7" lcd but it went crash the other day and that was that. I don't mind strapping a 9" b&w monitor to the ladder for ceiling work :-D but an LCD would obviously be more compact. Methinks a tube monitor would give better results though. Thoughts, recommendations, opnions? Thanks.

-- Splat

Reply to
Splat
Loading thread data ...

CBC/ganz makes a small monitor that works well for me for pointing and 90% focusing. I do the last 10% on the monitor that the customer will be using.

Reply to
Tommy

I've seen that one a while ago but thought it was too small at the time. I may go check it out again.

BTW, a few minutes ago I was playing with my laptop and had a thought(occassionally happens). For now I could simply run a x-over ethernet cable from the DVR to my laptop, running the client s/w on the laptop will get me a pic. It's better than nothing, which is what I've got right now, and $'s extrememly tight due to an unexpected truck bill.

-- Splat

Reply to
Splat

Connect a wireless to the DVR and use the wireless card in your laptop? It would be an expensive splat though.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

When I started in this, I picked up a little portable TV with a 3" or 4" screen. Cost me $65 off eBay, did a passable job. More recently, I saw a guy using a portable DVD player with a video input and 7" screen and figured that was a great idea, since they can be had for under $100 on sale these days.

In the end, I actually found one with a 10" swivel screen, and it's just beautiful - the screen can turn around and lay flat, and it comes in a soft case with a pair of clip-on straps that are ostensibly for strapping it to the back of a visor or headrest, but work great for strapping it to the top of a ladder so it doesn't fall :)

It's not as "sharp" as a CRT, true (unless you pay big bucks for a high-res LCD designed specifically for the purpose), but it's more than sufficient for aiming, and with a little practice the focusing works just fine.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Everfocus EN220 I got mine at Eastern distributing for about $210 for the Kit.

Tommy wrote:

Reply to
secure15

I've found the little monitor is good for pointing an that's about all.

To focus you need a bigger montiro and who wants to be dragging a 9" or bigger monitor on an extension cord and balancing it on top of step ladder while while trying to adjust a lens.

All our guys use a Video Volt Meter (the CM 1 Camera Master from FM Systems see

formatting link
to make any kind of back focus adjustments now.

Reply to
Eyeball Kid

Walmart sells an Adventurer 10 inch Mobile DVD player for $99. It has video input. I have 2 in my truck. Nice picture, lightweight, and inexpensive.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

And most have built-in rechargeable battery, so you don't need to drag an extension cord :)

Reply to
Matt Ion

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.