Monitor staff location

Hi there,

I was wondering if somebody knows how to monitor or track a person location.

I have a farm with many employees, the problem is that sometimes there are some employees who just "disappear" from the farm.

I would like to find some kind of device that would allow me to monitor their position in the farm.

Thanks for your help,

Reply to
mdavila78
Loading thread data ...

Already have it.... it's called a paycheck. If they're not around, neither is the money.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

if they're in vehicles you can install GPS transmitters in those vehicles. there's not much you can do if your employees are on foot. if these workers disappear you can always dock their pay or fire them.

73, rich, n9dko
Reply to
Rich

"mdavila78" hath wroth:

With or without their knowledge?

With their knowledge is easy. They wear a 2-way radio or cell phone with an attached GPS. There are several protocols in use such as APRS. Such systems are in common use by public safety and utilities:

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
Lots more...

Without their knowledge is tricky. There are methods that require wearing something. I don't want to go into details unless you really need this.

Without their cooperation is also possible. See:

formatting link
formatting link
Just lock one on the persons neck and follow them anywhere.

Any crop circles or evidence of alien abductions? Such activities are known to cause people to temporarily disappear.

Perhaps surveillance cameras? See how prisons operate for details.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

A cheap system would be uhf cb radios that have limited range. Just give them a checkup call every so often and if they dont respond, you know they have gone out of the range. Install repeaters to manage the range boundary.

Reply to
Ray Taylor

Pop one of these into their Christmas bonus ...

formatting link
You could even give their children a small gift as well ...
formatting link

Reply to
BernieM

Thanks for all of your ideas, is there perhaps some kind of wireless lan device that can be used as a GPS for short range tracking?

Reply to
mdavila78

Seems like you're missing the obvious point, it's useless if they're not carrying it. And human nature indicates people hate being tracked. It's a bordering a bit on the side of 'big brother' to expect people to carry something that does nothing other than let the boss track their activities. At least if you made them carry two-way radios they'd at least hear a voice asking them things. Instead of just a computer gadget that treats them like prisoners.

Then ask yourself how much maintenance you want to put up with. All those gadgets require batteries. You'll have to setup a whole other process for dealing with keeping the units charged. In a farm environment you'd probably need something pretty durable and waterproof, further complicating the charging process, not to mention making them expensive.

Like any other job, you're trading their time for your money. If they get the work you need done in the time alloted, for the money being paid, who cares where they are? And if they're not getting the work done, in the time alloted, then you don't need a gadget to tell you where they went. You fire them for not doing the work required, in the time alloted, for the money paid. Anything else borders on being some sort of fascist dictator. It's bad enough being the boss and having to put up with employees, don't make it worse.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.