need help to reset 449CST wireless smoke detector

Reply to
mz
Loading thread data ...

(snerk)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to reset the smoke detector from kaypad (*72). It failed to reset. Is there anyway to reset from the detector?

mz

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
mz

The 449CST is not a wireless detector, remove power from the detector for a few seconds and it should reset.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

What is it doing? Try Code # 7 2 or Code # 7 1 I thought 449CST is a Hardwired smoke det. James

Reply to
J Barnes

Reply to
alarman

Can you be a little more vague please?

Reply to
G. Morgan

The siren will not be triggered but you should get a trouble indication or sound. It does not matter what status the alarm is showing. Fire zones are active 24 hours.

James

Reply to
J Barnes

The system's ready status has no effect on a properly programmed fire zone. If the power is removed from a smoke detector, and a properly wired eol relay is included in the circuit, that zone will go into the trouble condition, not alarm. js

Reply to
alarman

I find it kinda odd that no one has asked this guy which panel he has.....

Reply to
G. Morgan

I find it even odder that you asked why nobody asked which panel he has and you didn't ask what panel he had either

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That is rather strange.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Using #72 sounded like it was an Ademco panel.

James

Reply to
J Barnes

It sounded like a DSC panel to me.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.