Napco P9600 - Smoke Alarm Reset

Hope someone can provide some info...

We have a P9600 panel, and connected some smoke detector that latch when they trip. To unlatch them, the power needs to be interrupted to the smoke detectors. The keypad manuals mention the ability to "reset the smoke detector, but I can't seem to get this to work.

Thanks!

Reply to
Medtech1
Loading thread data ...

Take the wire that supplies positive voltage to the smoke detectors and attach it to terminal 28. When the reset button on the keypad is pushed the voltage supply from terminal 28 is momentarily interrupted

Reply to
Jim Davis

Thanks for the reply... I do have the smoke detector powered by terminal 28 (+) and 29 (-) but hitting reset on the keypads doesn't seem to interrupt the power.

Reply to
Medtech1

How many smoke detectors and are they 4 wire or two wire smokes? And who is the manufacturer? Are these smokes on the list of acceptable smoke detectors?

Reply to
Jim Davis

Reply to
Jim Davis

How old is the panel? Also, have you changed keypads from the originals that were installed with the panel? Some time ago, a new revised keypad was introduced and they could not be used on older panels. The boxes of the revised keypads have a bright orange of green sticker with the capital letters "EZ" I don't remember why they weren't backward compatible but maybe this has to do with your no keypad fire reset problem. Worst case is to install a normally closed push button switch in series with the power going to the smoke detectors which has to be pushed in the event the fire alarm trips. This was how fire systems worked years ago before keypads were available .

Reply to
Jim Davis

They are 4 wire smoke detectors... ESL TS7-4

formatting link
described as:

Head with base (sold together) TS7-4 Four-wire photoelectric smoke detector with alarm relay (NO) output and remote alarm/trouble LED output

The installation instructions for the TS7-4 state: "To reset the detector, follow the control panel?s reset procedure. Resetting the control panel will remove power from the detector and allow it to reset."

The P9600 is fairly new.. purchased a year or two ago, but only installed now. Keypads are new, but I'm not sure the firmware version... but I will check this.

Reply to
Medtech1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.