NAPCO 1008 odd behavior

Hi,

I have a NAPCO 1008 ontrol box with rp1045e keypads.

I don't have the installer code, which is Ok for now, but i wanted to be sure, it had been changed from the default, so i held down 8, tried

456789, and nothing happened, so i got out of programming mode by either pressing B, or holding down 8 again (i forget which).

Now, the alrm works, and i can arm and disarm it, but just touching the

8 key instantly arms the system, so i have to disarm it, and i can't get into programming mode to change user codes.

Any idea whats up?

seth

Reply to
nesss01
Loading thread data ...

The default user programming code is 123456.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Thanks, but i know my user code. I was checking to make sure the dealer code was not the default. It wasn't.

And now I can't activate programming mode at all, to enter the user code.

Touching the 8 key arms the system.

Reply to
nesss01

Where's Bass when we actually need him. He installed a bunch of those old MA panels.

I only installed a few of the old MA1000s before I decided I hated them.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

you were corect, the defualt dealer code is 456789. I beleive it has a lithium battery that you can remove from the MB that will defualt the panel back to factory settings. GL

I can email u a PDF of the programming sheet if u need it.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
jewellfish

Yep, I think you got yourself into a quandry.

It's likely that you've created an arming code with one digit ........ number 8. If that's so ...... now you can't get back into programing to change it.

There isn't any battery to remove, to default the panel, as suggested by someone else. That was the 2600 that had a battery and I don't think that removing it would have defaulted the panel anyway.

The only way to get into programing for either user or dealer, on the

1008 now, is by downloading it with the installers code or sending it to some one to default it.
Reply to
Jim

You've changed a user code to an 8

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.