Monitoring options for Bosch Panels

I have a Bosch 9414G panel that is not currently monitored. The premises don't have a phoneline. I am interested in getting it monitored at a reasonable cost. As I understand, I can do dialer-capture, IP-monitoring, and possibly some radio-based systems. I understand dialer-capture and think its kind of hokey and want to stay away from it if I can. I have a Bosch DX4020 interface module I got used somewhere. I loaned my programmer so I haven't bothered connecting it, I am a little worried I might not be able to use it due to a password from a the last owner. Maybe Jim Rojas knows how to reset those? In any case, with dialer capture and direct IP monitoring, I don't want to rely on those alone; internet connections aren't reliable enough yet. As far as radio, I am not really familiar with any options that pass data vs simple alarm/fire/trouble conditions from the alarm 12volt outputs. I'd be interested to hear what options are available, including terrestrial radio and cellular options that pass data to the central station. I also thought about rigging my own cellular setup using a DX4010i serial interface and a CDMA modem and programming the panel to use an external modem.

Logan

Reply to
Logan
Loading thread data ...

1. No such thing as a 9414G, I assume you mean 9412G

1. Nothing wrong with Dialer Capture unless you are trying to capture

4/2 varients

1. You could use the DX4020 as long as you can find a monitoring station to support it. Have fun finding that for an individual user

2. Don't even try a stupid hack with a 4010i and CDMA modem

Reply to
mleuck

Mark, do you enjoy being a Googletard?

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

Have considered the Teleguard System.

Reply to
ItsMe

Yeah, I am looking into it. Seems like the defacto wireless monitoring setup. All but the home TG-1 model support modem formats which is good since the Bosch panel uses Modem IIIa2 format. What do the rates for telular service look like and is it possible to use used equipment?

Logan

"ItsMe" wrote in news:EVnqk.12260$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews9.bellsouth.net:

Reply to
Logan

You have to be a dealer to set up an account. Not sure what the exact rates are but I seem to remember them being a little more than Uplink per month (dealer pricing) and up depending on traffic and test frequency usually.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.