Millionaire Alarm Dealer Forum

Yep. I'm finaly headed for the big time now!

I've gots me two tickets to the Millionare Dealer Forum hosted by LaserShield at the Walt Disney Swan Resort Hotel in Orlando FL. Dec

7&8.

While you suckers are still crawling thru attics,crawl spaces and foiling windows, they're gonna teach me how to sell these new fangled table top alarm systems and make a million bucks.

Yep. I've got their fancy brocure and dvd right here. It says they're gonna wine and dine and mentor me and all that shit. Man, I can hardly wait.

They even got pictures of famous people like Rush Limbaugh endorsing this stuff. Why, if Rush is protecting his house with lasershield it must be hot shit, right? Even Larry King is shaking this guy's hand who is going to teach me how to close.

Theres all kinds of stuff in this brochure. I could go on and on.

I hope this works out better than loxxon and that quorum shit. I'm getting a hard on just thinking about it.

Speaking of hard ons, anyone know if there is a "Hooters" near this resort? Never mind. The wife doesn't like "Mellon Bars"

Well suckers,yall keep on hard wiring. As for me, I'm going for this new fangled "wireless" invention of the future shit.

Roger W. Millionare in trainig

Reply to
allucan8
Loading thread data ...

RHC: This is a joke...right ? If not, this guy needs some serious help...:)

Reply to
tourman

I'm not bullshiting. Google it. I got their brochure, tickets and dvd right here. You see theres this lasershield thing see? You plug it in your phone line jack. See? No RJ31X to bother with. You got this box you put on a table. You got these slave motions all over the place. See?

If the burglar doesn't trip on the the phone cord or breaks the box, Rapid Response gets a signal. Thats all I know.

Simple. What will they think of next? I can hardly wait!

Hey wait! Maybe bass will show up. He lives near there doesn't he? Maybe he'll bring some burgers. We could trade bullshit stories. Yea. I can see it all now.

And as for needing some serious help............................

Roger W.

Reply to
allucan8

If you really want to make a million dollars, sell that system with a redirector module to your own CS, then sell the RMR too... Take a page from Brinks and copy their PSA. The customer will *never* own the equipment and you'll be "sitting purty" collectin' like a bazillion dollars a year.

Reply to
Frank Olson

RHC: Yeah, and we'll have another scam artist in the already crowded security industry....

Reply to
tourman

I wonder if they include all the regulatory requirements for selling their million dollar opportunity. I wonder if any of them actually know what they are from state to state?

Reply to
Roland Moore

In the DVD I got it suggests using our existing customer base as a source for sales. There is no mention of new lead generation coming from them. They are looking primarily for established security dealers. This would take care of any regulatory issues. Sounds a lot like the AT&T 8000 wireless fiasco. The only people they are likely to get are marketer types from out of our industry. Sounds like deja vu all over again.

RW

Reply to
allucan8

So you'd sell that crap to an existing customer? What...rip out a real system and put in a telephone with a pir built in? That thing is a joke, I wouldn't even think of selling one.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I think they're nifty. I've got one in every room of my house (two in the living room). Each one is plugged into it's own phone jack, so I don't have to worry about "line seizure". Speaking of which (seizures), I'm having a laugh attack as I write this...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Shit if I had one of those, I'd probably leave my undershirt over the phone by mistake the day the burgs came

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yeah, but chances are it would be able to see through one of the holes in your undershirt.

After that, .....as long as it could see past the pile of beer cans, I'd think it just might work ok.

Reply to
Jim

I wonder what happens when all 20 of the try to dial out?

Rush L. is an idiot for endorsing this product.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Just now you noticed?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

seems like it'd be good for apt dwellers, students etc that don't stay in one place for more than a year

Reply to
socko

You forgot to read the fine print in the instructions. You need 20 separate phone lines.

Reply to
Frank Olson

How can anyone bitch about this fantastic unit?

The following comes direct from their web site.

LaserShield® Starter Kit MSRP:$199.99

The LaserShield® Instant Security System is a family of innovative, easy to use, low-cost, security system products. The LaserShield® Starter Kit is ideal for rental homes, apartments, townhomes and condos, and is a perfect security solution for college dormitories, retail stores, offices.

******** And you can buy as many of these as you need ********

LaserShield® Wireless Detection Unit MSRP:$69.99

You can add extra protection to your home or business. With additional LaserShield® Wireless Detection Units you can protect all areas in your home and business. The Wireless Detection Units communicate with the Master Alarm Unit via wireless radio signals and have a range of 150 feet (without obstructions).

Placement of unit Each LaserShield® Wireless Detection Unit is equipped with a state-of-the-art passive infrared detection system. The unit's view of detection spans out from the front of the unit in a 110-degree pattern ranging over 35 feet. Delivering approximately 1100 square feet of detection. The LaserShield® motion sensors samples the ambient room temperature and will detect an intruder's body heat moving across its detection zones.

************* I don't need to comment - at least in this forum ************

Wireless Communication The Wireless Detection Units' use a wireless Radio Frequency (RF) to communicate with the Master Alarm Unit.

********** Say, whatever happened to old wireless 'what's his name' anyway? *************

Panic button On the top of every Wireless Detection Unit is a large red button that functions the same as the one on the Master Alarm Unit. Pressing the panic button will immediately transmit a wireless signal to the LaserShield® Master Alarm Unit and an alarm will be activated, notifying the 24/7 Rapid Response Monitoring Service.

******** "Well, officer, when I tossed my keys on the desk I accidentally knocked over my state of the art wireless detection unit and when I set it back up I must have bumped the button... Thanks for not shooting me... can you uncuff me now?"

Power connection The Wireless Detection Unit requires a power connection only; there is no need for a phone line.

************ So the "wireless" detection unit needs a wire? ***********

Bypass button A bypass button and indicator light is located under the motion sensor on the front of the unit. This button enables the user to bypass a bedroom Wireless Detection Unit at night. A small amber light will flash indicating the unit is in bypass mode. The bypass button does not affect the function of the panic button.

******* Uhm... why not just turn it toward the wall? ************

Battery back up The battery will provide up to 12 hours of back up power.

Pet Friendly A unique Pet Shield instantly snaps into place on the front of the LaserShield® motion detector on the Wireless Detection Unit. The Pet Shield blocks portions of the motion sensor so your pet is less likely to trigger an alarm.

******** Note "less likely"
Reply to
JoeRaisin

Oh, well hey, it IS state of the art. Says so right in there.

Reply to
alarman

That usually isn't up to the radio host, more like the parent company, I see that with several radio hosts and stuff like buying gold, flowers etc

Reply to
Mark Leuck

There are much better systems that can do that job already out there

Reply to
Mark Leuck

such as?

Reply to
socko

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.