looking for UL standards

On the UL issue, for those of you that are involved with the UL program, do you or have you experienced or heard of any type of *fine* or *penality* or whatever other term you may want to used, imposed on you by UL, requiring a payment. Possibly for a violation or repeat violation found during inspections, etc. If there is such a fine or financial penalty, I would be interested in hearing how they have this structured.

Reply to
Bob Worthy
Loading thread data ...

I understand, but every thread degenerates into name calling. Enough is enough.

Reply to
Chris Miller

Normally, if UL finds something wrong during an inspection, they just send a letter telling you to fix it. There's no fine or penalty for that. However, if UL discovers that you are a total screwup, to the point they start wondering whether you can still meet their standards, they can schedule another inspection to see how you're doing. If they do, you get to pay the costs of the additional inspection visit. I'm not sure exactly what criteria they use to decide whether to reinspect a company, never having been in that situation myself.

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Hey Chis

Let me roughly quote Fat Ass's mantra, in answer to YOUR totally productive and informative post.

You don't own this group. You can't tell anyone here what to do. If you don't like it you can leave.

You see Chris, at one time I would have never had the uncaring attitude to say something like that to you.... or anyone who came here. But once seeing that Fat Ass used that comment when people objected to his insults, lies, cheating and stealing information from people here, and that he had no intention of caring about what the social contract or FAQ of this Newsgroup was, Then .......... what the hell, if one person can and will do that ..... then there's just no reason in the world why EVERYONE can't use the same reason to justify their conduct. Why ..... you can't have just one person running amok in a group with out it causing chaos among the people he insults and belittles. So ..... you see, as it goes ..... if he never sees the light, then ..... it will remain ........ DARK......

So again, if you don't like anything I say or do here ........ See above quote. Go talk to FAT ASS and see if you can make the same comments to him and get any results and then get back to me.

Reply to
Jim

Jim, please point out in my post where I claimed to own this news group. I was looking for a couple of UL standards. YOU decided to take it down a different road. Why? As far as you suggesting that I leave the news group, not likely. I will post what I want when I want.

Reply to
Chris Miller

Chris,

You're arguing with someone who is incapable of hearing you. He's on a crusade. Numerous people, even most of the ones who disagree with my right to post about DIY, have tried to reason with him. His response is invariably the same -- vicious, personal attacks against *anyone* who disagrees with his vitriolic diatribes.

FWIW, do not assume that the fact that I rarely bother to refute this fellow's accusations means anything more than that I don't bother.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Robert, there seems to be a number of posts about you here. They don't exactly extol your virtues. Please don't use me as a vehicle to continue this childless behavior. You two sound like a couple of kindergarten kid's fighting over the red crayon.

Reply to
Chris Miller

Most of it comes from two individuals, one of whom uses numerous aliases to appear like a crowd of like-minded people.

I'm fairly certain you meant something different from what you wrote there. :^)

If you bother to look you'll find that the vast majority of what I post is on-topic replies to questions from DIYers and newbie techs. You'll also find that every post I make is followed by a lot of noise from anonymous posters. Take it for what it's worth.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Exactly!

And I will do the same.

So when you say "enough is enough" I can tell you to stuff it up your ass and you can tell me something equivalent.

Just so long as you realize that as long as you object to anything I do, I can do the same and if you don't like it ....... well ..... you know the rest.

Isn't it amazing how you can be "sucked into" a confrontration with someone you've never met before simply because some nasty son of a bitch like Bass has corrupted a Newsgroup with his unsavory conduct and relentless exploitation of the people here and by lying and insulting the installation trade? It's just clearly devastating to some people who come here, to be treated like shit simply because they'd like to get an answer to a question. But Hey.......... Ya gotta take the good with the bad .....

Fat Ass has been a disrupter in Usenet for over a decade and it's all documented. And you'll also note that he will not refute on thing that I say about him, because he knows that I'll show him exactly what he is with hard written proof. Had you been here all that time .... you'd surely have left of be ponding the crap out of him ..... just like 90% of the people that are regulars here. He's a nasty, arrogant, pompous, derisive and contemptuous son of a bitch. As long as he continues to do what he does here you can complain about the people like me who object to him, till your dying day and it wont stop. No one is EVER going to stand for him taking control of this group without objecting to his conduct. That's the way it is and will remain ................ and if you don't like ..... well ..... we've been through that.

If you don't intend to stay here for any length of time, you're best bet is to take what information you can get........ Read between the garbage and pick the diamonds out of the bull shit and leave it behind. This Newsgroup will stay in this condition until Fat Ass dies ..... and I for one, hope that it's pretty soon.

Toodles.

Reply to
Jim

OH really you fat f*ck, you? Why dont you tell everyone how you go real life with people and that if I wasn't smarter than you and kept my identity hidden, you'd have been calling my neighbors and suppliers to tell lies about me, the same way you've done it to so many people through the years. Would you like to deny it you fat bastard? You know f****ng well that I can cite every goddamned thing you've done to people and to this group for years and years. THAT's the reason you don't respond. I DARE you to deny ANYTHING I say about you .... you f****ng cocksucker you. Do you see anyone who disagrees with the things I accuse you of? Not one soul would EVER come to your defense. You've alienated every single person here and not one can defend ANYTHING you say. You get exactly what you deserve here. And this Newsgroup is in exactly the condition that it will remain because of you.

Reply to
Jim

You're a lying prick and you know it.

90% of the people here object to your conduct and know what you've done to this Newsgroup. Like it's really a coincidence that every one picks on you ..... for the simple reason that you post on topic and answer questions. Yeh ..... sure!
Reply to
Jim

Like, for example, posting a hundred megabytes of links to, and catalog pages from, your online store?

That would be an example of your helpful, on-topic replies to questions?

Oh, I'm sorry...you didn't claim that your posts were "helpful."

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Jim is right. Thannks for being our ASA border patrol Jim.

Reply to
Cam

Jim said "So when you say "enough is enough" I can tell you to stuff it up your

OK, f*ck off. How's that? I was certainty not sucked into any confrontation with anyone but you. And that is only due to your ignorant post above. I really don't care what goes on between you and bass. It does not concern me. How do you guy's live with so much hate in your heart? Life is too short!

Toodles

Reply to
Chris Miller

I don't hate Jiminex. Mostly I just ignore him.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Chris Miller

Sure he is. You'll notice how in one simple little post he can show what an idiot he is.

How can he be ignoring me when he responds to tell someone that he ...... ummmmm ...... ignores me.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Reply to
Jim

Chris Miller wrote:

Well if you were't "easy" I don't know who is.

So it goes Chris, all I'd have to do now is escalate it. Every time you post I'd make a snide, nasty remark or innuendo and you'd be guilty of doing the very same thing with me that you seem to take exception to. I don't have any quarrel with you. But, on the other hand if you feel that you have to make judgement calls on what the situation is here and think that you're not going to get it right back ........ you're mistaken. Bass has ruined this group and continues his rotten nasty attacks on everyone who opposes his arrogant and disreputable conduct. YOU haven't been here to be the brunt of his pompous attitude. HE's the outsider who doesn't belong here yet he insists on taunting everyone and deriding the installation trade to foster his on line store. He's not going to get a free ride by bullying people here without being bullyed back. You can see for yourself that most of the regular participants here dislike what he's done and is doing to this Newgroup. They all know that his conduct is intentional and that he has absolutely no concern whatsoever for anyone but himself. Just as HE says no one can tell him what to do, in spite of the fact that he knows what he's doing is wrong and yet he continues doing what everyone objects too ...... YOU can't tell me or anyone else to stop what they're doing without being a complete and utter hypocrite. YOU are not going to stop what's going on here and anything that you say in opposition or in defense of anyone you're going to get it shoved right back up your ummmmm left nostril ......

YOU get to decide what you want to do here. But if you want to take a side, by all means step right up and take a number. You're just another fart in this godforsaken windstorm. You have no more or less significance than anyone else. It makes no difference whether you like it or not. If this group of people doesn't have the balls to make it unprofitable for him to do what he does here, then this is going to continue until that son of a bitch dies.

And if you don't like it ......

By the way ..... no hard feelings toward you on my part. Just trying to let you know ...

It is, the way it is and you're not going to change it ... only draw flack.

>
Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.