Looking for person

Is there a free website that I can look up long lost friend, with only name, and last known city and state ?

TIA.

Reply to
A.J.
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried some of the white page services out there? I have helped veterans find their shipmates and such as they worked to prepare their claims with the VA. We made extensive use of the white page services on the Internet. It's not always effective but it's a good place to start.

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

Maybe Classmates.com? Be aware that oonce you sign up they will spam you mercilessly though.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Bob, most of these classmate services cost money though. I don't think he wants to spend any. You can sign up for free, but then they'll send you notices that say that someone from your class is trying to reach you and that to connect you, you have to subscribe to the service. I did it once and no one was there waiting to connect (I ask you, who would want to? :-)

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

Here's a good one:

formatting link

Reply to
David

Lycos has one as well as many others. The best way to proceed might be to go to Google and drop the search term "white pages" and it will give you a ton of resources to work from. One of my favorites is

formatting link
They have a great reverse look-up for phone numbers. If you have someone's phone number, you can also enter it in the search window of Google and it will give you the owner of the phone number and the address, other links as well. Great tool for those who have a number but no name or addy, for example.

Reply to
Al Colombo

I'm not sure if this came through the last time I send it to the newsgroup, but try this link on the U.S. Veteran Information (non-governmental) web site. It covers the exact issue you have raised. If it does not help, go to the main menu and send me an e-mail from there. Perhaps there's something else I can do to help you.

formatting link
Al Colombo

Reply to
Al Colombo

A.J.

Also, go to my veteran web site and there is a page on this very issue. Try this if the other options do not work out. You might try this in conjunction with the white page services.

Go to:

formatting link
Hope it helps.

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Mr. Double-sided tape, I enjoyed your post. Very good!

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

Why would anyone need to find a shipmate as he worked to prepare his claim with the VA? That sounds almost olsonic.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

This coming from a draft dodger. Oh wait, you didn't dodge the draft, you only claimed a herniated disc so you could avoid serving. Funny how that herniated disc didn't prevent you from "20+ years of installing alarms" You truly have some nerve trying to discredit any vet needing assistance with their benefits. Vets have a hard enough time tracking down medical records, witnesses, and the right people to forward their papers to without having to deal with a degenerate scumbag like you. These vets are the reason you're allowed to spew that liberal mantra where America is Always Wrong. If it weren't for these vets you'd be goose stepping for the Kaiser. People like Al Colomobo show their appreciation for veterans by offering them assistance through a very difficult process. He helps disabled veterans. DISABLED! These vets were 18yr old kids who put their lives on hold, took up arms, and placed themselves in harm's way so we could live in a free society. These men/women were injured during their service of this country and now when they need help people like you ridicule them, and those that help them. It's because of these vets that assholes like you have the right to support the likes of Tookie Williams, cast your approval for Judge Cashman, trade Xmas cards with Hugo Chavez, go to a Michael Moore movie, or even share your feelings of grief with Cindy Sheehan. Many of these vets don't have the ability to get out of their beds but I'd bet if they could they would still defend the likes of you, and still defend your rights. That's the difference between being an inappreciative lowlife like you, and being a man. It's also why the military didn't pursue clowns like you. They knew you just weren't worth it.

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

try Zaba search

formatting link

it has a very good search engine found an old freind from school on it.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Mr. Double Sided can you really tell us how you feel about Mr Bass :)

I am disabled and was not able to serve in armed forces but I have been a lifelong volunteer including firefighter I do not do inside structural because of my disabiltys but I handle the pumps, drive trucks, direct traffic etc. etc. to free up the able bodied fireman . I have a Marine friend recently email me how much he appeciated what us fireman do at home . He said that although he faced danger daily while he is in Iraq the thought of running into a burning building while every one else was running out was hair raising. When i mentioned to him I was not able to serve.

I never let my disablitys keep me from contributing to society . I could have taken the easy way out like many I know who collect SSI disability who are better abled than meand can work with no problems. but I chose not to. Al Colombo also has disabilitys as well and his veterans site is one way he is helping to contribute and thank those who served.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Tom,

You're just an old fart with a big heart! :-)

I am not a vet, but I do respect them enormously because of their sacrifices. First, in 1969 my lottery number was 360. Second I have spinal bifida, so I would not have gone even if my number had been 1.

I have had to live with the fact that several of my good friends perished in Vietnam perhaps at the same time I was watching an outdoor movie with one of my girlfriends (if you get my drift). The U.S. Veteran Information (non-governmental) website is my effort to make a difference in that regard. You have no idea how many veterans that have contacted us for direction since 1997. I'm working on a new design and I'll be updating the site soon. I'm also working on a book that "might" be out in the next 12 months (when I find time to work on it more).

Thanks for the kinds words, I appreciate it. The link to the homepage is below, and I appreciate your asking about it.

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

To help verify stressors and exposures, as in Agent Orange among Vietnam Vets. We've also helped some find friends from before they shipped out to verify personality changes because of PTSD, which is often caused by stressors during combat. This is a normal way of building a case.

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

If you're referring to Tom Fowler, he's actually a vicious thug who abused a nice young lady working for ADI, cheated his customers in CT for years until he ran off, lied to state authorities about his business to avoid getting the required license and... well other than that, you just gotta like the guy.

I went to the draft board when called, not because I wanted to go (it was during the height of the Vietnam war) but because I had to just like everyone else did. I was lucky. A hernia got me out of it. Several friends of mine weren't so fortunate. Three were inducted into the army. Two went to Vietnam. One came home permanently disabled. The other was killed.

I'm grateful that our soldiers are willing to do what needs to be done to protect our country. I'm also very angry that our president, who went AWOL for a year when it was his turn to serve, has sent thousands of our bravest and best to die -- all so that he could win a second term in office and continue destroying everything he can while handing out jobs to incompetent morons like "Heckofvajob" Brown and that jackass, Alito.

It's nice that you've put up a website for veterans, Al. Sorry for picking on you. That was not called for. We both respect our vets for what they've done.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I apologize, Al. You're doing something very nice.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Oh yes, this zabasearch is amazing . . . . . . . . . pin point to the right person the first time.

Thanks gentlement for all the responses.

Reply to
A.J.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.