Linksys PAP2NA Router

To Jim R

Jim ..... with regard to the Magic Jack, what's the difference about the above router that would allow you to turn off your computer and still maintain telephone service via the Magicjack?

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

Do a google search. You will find a wealth of information concerning the subject.

Jim Rojas

Jim wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Read this :

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
A.J.

RHC: Perhaps slightly off topic but in the same vein nevertheless. I have been following this thread with some interest as it relates to clients disconnecting their home phone to go with a conventional VoIP service (like Vonage) and in the process screwing up their alarm systems.

In my experience, most of my clients that do this do so because they are originally from the far East and want to call home cheaply. However, the phone and cable companies continue to charge outrageous rates for long distance calling, especially when you go off the North American continent. For the life of me, I don't see why clients simply don't use a service like Skype

formatting link
where unlimited calling largely world wide is available for $5.95 a month. And leave the conventional land line in place for local calls and 911 service.

Just recently, when in Florida, I used Skype to keep in touch with my customers for $26.55 yearly subscription North America long distance unlimited. Now that I am at home, I purchased a couple of Skype phones which can cycle between land line and Skype outgoing calls with the touch of a button (GE28310). This allows me to save a large amount by dropping the $15 monthly Bell surcharge for 1000 minutes a month long distance. The phones are wireless, work splendidly and make calls both locally and long distance, plus they are "always on" even when the computer is turned off.

Jim, you made a prediction that I think is very true...in a few years, telco long distance charges will largely disappear because of the presence of Skype, Majicjack and others. In the meantime, Mr. customer, PLEASE don't mess with your security system by trying to make it work when it usually won't.

Signed: A frustrated alarm dealer

Reply to
tourman

American continent...

I use Vonage and pay an extra $15 a month for unlimited calling to something like 63 countries. As you probably guessed, Brazil is one of them. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.