KNXLive! an open source alternative to ETS

Hi to all.

I'm newby on home automation but not in embedded system. After some research on BUS technology I chose to start from KNX (for the fully complies to the EN 50090 series, the European Standard for Home and Building Electronic Systems and ISO/IEC 14543). I chose KNX also for high availability of devices producers (as ABB and Siemens). But when I tried to search for system programming and integration I found that all people talking about the use a commercial software (ETS) and API(Falcon) made from KNX Association

formatting link
I'm disappointed: open standard and closed resources...

...but other search...

and I found an open alternative based on Linux OS, called KNXLive!

formatting link
I enjoyed...

KNXLive is based on Knoppix 3.9 The CD contains, pre-installed and ready to run: - A BCU1/PEI16 device driver - An EIBnet/IP Tunnelling server ("Tweety"), which uses a BCU 1 with serial interface for EIB access - A Java Library ("Calimero") for accessing EIBnet/IP Tunnelling servers, handling group data exchange using popular data point types and maintaining a simple point database - A graphical demonstration client for Calimero - A tool set for writing and downloading BCU applications, RAD-style ("BCU SDK") - The powerful EIB access daemon ("eibd") of the BCU SDK

I'm studying this system and BCU SDK, a set of tools useful for programming BCU

formatting link
I start this new topic to collect experiences and opinion about this ETS alternative

Good work... See you soon

Reply to
XCoder
Loading thread data ...

Hi.

That's very interesting and all, but you have the wrong newsgroup.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.