How's All-American Alarm Monitoring?

Over the last few years, it seems, I've gotten a lot of post card that advertised All-American Alarm Monitoring.

Anyone ever use them? Good or bad?

Reply to
Pool_Player
Loading thread data ...

well except for dispatching the police for a weekly test (repeatedly), they do about an average job..

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

WOW!

I've got to give THEM a try!!!

Reply to
Jim

RHC: Wow !! Weekly test report =3D one dispatch =3D $80 fine=3D $320 per month monitoring ! Jeez....I wish I could charge that kind of rate !! A hell of a station you got there....:)))

Reply to
tourman

Your claim is hard to believe. Are you saying there were four dispatches (police and/or fire and/or ambulance), one week after the other, for each of four weeks, and nothing was done by the responsible alarm installation company to investigate the reasons for the wrongful dispatches and nothing was done to find an early resolution to the problem with All-American Monitoring? It's hard to believe that the responsible alarm installation company would let the tests continue after, say, the second wrongful dispatch. A third false dispatch after a test would be irresponsible, and a fourth would be absolutely ridiculous. So, I think it's more likely that either the alarm installation company did not perform the tests properly, or it never happened to begin with. If it did happen like you said, then it's the responsible alarm installation company's fault for not finding an early resolution to the problem. Also, it's not my station. I work for an alarm company seeking an alternative monitoring company to outsource our monitoring services. Do you represent or work for an alarm monitoring company?

Reply to
Pool_Player

=EF=BF=BDthey

Yet, on the other hand, you would accept the recomendation of someone here that some central station, unknown to you, would be a viable choice for you to consider?.

Vell den .... Vhy don't you use MYYyyyyYYY Central station Hmmmmm? Ve run it in zee goot ol Nazi tradition. If you caas a fals halam ....... you vill DIE!

Reply to
Jim

Just curious but what format were you sending?

Reply to
mleuck

well given the third world pots line service we have around here from AT&T, S&K slow 3+1 is the only format that's dependable.. as for what pool player was saying, I'm not sure where he got his info..

when we were still using all american, (which we are no longer using I might point out) we had multi- customers (for pool player that means many customers not just one) who had received police dispatch after "AA" had received a weekly test signal ( for pool player that means 1 call a week to test the communicator) (also for pool player these's calls were random across the customer base we had using "AA". It was later determined "AA's" new operators on the night shift were dispatching the police to nearly all calls, during the period in which we had been having the problem.

AA may have fix the problem, I couldn't say since we are no longer using their service..

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

What?! You now sound like a spammer promoting All American with your query and then getting pissed because somebody posted how they had a bad experience. Then you totally misread what somebody else posted in commentary about that and went off the deep end. Good luck. Your little charade totally failed. I was actually considering All American atleast in passing, but you made me decide to send them a demand letter to remove my address from their mailing list instead. Good job.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I doubt it's a spammer, he'd have posted a link telling everyone to go then come back and say what they think, list all of the services offered by the station in far greater detail than a normally curious person would do, then he'd tell how great his service with them while appearing concerned about potential long-term issues which is why he's supposedly here in the first place.

Besides while I know nothing about All American I seriously doubt they or any other monitoring station have to resort to spamming a small newsgroup like this for business.

Reply to
mleuck

What about co-operative central stations? LOL. Or don't they count?

I was just busting the guy Mark. You should have played along. Oh, well. It still amused me for a minute this morning.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Oops, I guess I got the wrong board. This must be Comedy Alarm Central.

Reply to
Pool_Player

Actually, like I said earlier, I'm not at all affiliated with All American. I was hoping for an answer that included some information that supported their positive or negative recommendation. It sounded more like a hasty consumer complaint, which didn't make sense to me. Would you let false dispatches continue 3 more times knowing that each one would cost your customer $80?

Reply to
Pool_Player

OK, thanks for your info.

Reply to
Pool_Player

Thanks for your detailed reply. Sorry, I mistook tourman's (RHC's) reply for yours. I wasn't expecting any comments from the peanut gallery. Anyways, If I was to do any business with AA, I would make sure they understood that a weekly test doesn't include a police dispatch. Regarding formats, AA claims to have phone lines securely buried all the way to the phone company?s central office. Since it's all fiber from there to the rest of the country's central offices, the format used would depend on the quality of the link between the customer panel and its local central office. Most likely, 4/2 will work fine for me, like always.

Reply to
Pool_Player

Reply to
Pool_Player

. If you caas a fals

RHC: Look a little deeper beyond the sarcasm. Would you deal with a central that had such untrained staff they would dispatch on a test signal ? Assuming no installer error in programming is present, this is sheer incompetence; there is no room for error on their part - lives could depend upon it. You've answered your own question.......

Reply to
tourman

I'm not interested in hearsay or second-hand analysis.

Rockytsquirrel has already explained his problem with AA in detail, and I'm thankful for him sharing his experience with that firm.

Did you have any DIRECT experience with AA in the past? If so, please explain.

If not, I would like to hear from others who had any DIRECT experience with AA.

If you caas a fals

Reply to
Pool_Player

Well then, with all the aplomb and poise for which I am renowned, I can only ask you to look closely and if you try reeeeeellly reeeeeeeelly hard, to read between the lines, you will see that the general consensus is telling you ...... If you don't want to listen to what you are being told and only want to hear what you want to hear, you are welcome to try someplace else. In other words, Go Fuck off

Don't let the Esc key hit you in the ass on the way out.

Reply to
Jim

RHC: Hehehehe.....you can be SO very tactful when you want to be....:))))

Reply to
tourman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.