How much of a deterrent is a non-ADT/Brinks home security system? Options

Awwww ...... Pshaw!!!!! (blush) Twern't nuffin!

But ........... ya know, after I wrote all that and pushed the send button, I realized that I addressed the OP's post as if he were considering having it installed by the Lick and Sticks ...... and actually he's wanting to do it himself.

OH well, we'll see if he responds futher.

And Robert ............ I K N O W I can find at least a half dozen of your posts that are at least twice as long. So don't think you're going to get rid of the medal THAT easy.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

RHC: Aw.....I suppose you're right. In ten years of posting, I know there are a load of posts, some of which might be longer than yours. However, yours is a close second yah gotta admit.....:((...(in truth, language is a tool, and used precisely it expresses best what we really want to say. If that takes a lot of text sometimes, so be it....!..:))

BTW, you might find some irony in the fact that the home I'm renting down here in Florida has an ADT system in it.....:(( I accidentally set it off one time several years ago, got a call eventually, and explained the circumstances. They took my explanation at face value without a password and that was the end of it.....I coulda been a burglar for all that it mattered to them (people wonder why I rant against them....or any of the "lick and click" crowd for that matter)

Signed: Freezing my butt off in Florida

Reply to
tourman

.....I coulda been a burglar for all that it mattered to them (people wonder why I rant against them....or any of the "lick and click" crowd for that matter)

Signed: Freezing my butt off in Florida

Florida is a long state Bob. You just need to head south. It is sunny and in the mid 70's today and 80's by the weekend with no rain in sight. This time of year, it is funny to watch the tourist walk around looking like they're lost with the whitest legs you ever seen, cherry red shoulders and carrying their winter coats under their arms. The spring breakers will be showing up soon and that is when things will get crazy. Stay warm!

Bob W.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Yes, and also, as you know, I believe that sometimes, to get a point across, one can use expletive ..... ummmm, I mean explicit language too. ;->

You're KIDDING!!! Right?

Holy ..... ummmmm ...... crap!

You'd feel right at home here. About a foot of snow and in the single digit to teens temperatures.

Reply to
Jim

Same here, it's 76° and beautiful outside.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Florida is way too far north for my tastes. Barring health issues, I'm heading to Brazil.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

down here in Florida...

Are you going to be around Sarasota soon? If so, how about we do a ride? BTW, I'm off chemo for the time being so I'm able to get out some.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

RHC: Unfortunately Bob, we wont be coming south this year after we leave Panama City. We usually visit a friend who has a home in Bradenton; however, his wife is recovering from breast cancer surgery and they have to stay home this year for radiation treatment. I didn't bring the motorcycle down this year either.

I'm sorry to say, it's unlikely we'll get together this year. Given your circumstances, they bothers me greatly.......

Reply to
tourman

Have a great time! Say hello to Lula for me.

Bob W.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Lula? Who the heck is she?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Lula da Silva (Luiz Inacio) The president. Most refer to him as "Lula". At least here in the states anyway. There maybe a Lulu or a Lila. Say hi to them too.

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

Oh, yes. That Lula. I was thinking of the woman's name. :*)

BTW, my brother spent over a year in Brazil many years ago, mostly in Rio. Among the people he got to know in the bars around Leblon and Ipanema was the very same Lula. In those fays Lula was just a radical -- not considered a threat by the establishment. Boy, were they wrong.

Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That's how GWB got in.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Did alright for an eighth grade education and never getting off the farm. It was the masses of poor and uneducated that put him in office, but that's politics.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

howobamagotelected.com

check out the exit polls. no bigger bunch of morons than obama voters.

Reply to
KingFish

Heh, you mean Obama...don't you?

Reply to
alarman

No, I meant the misguided sheep that followed Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson.

Reply to
G. Morgan

You meant Obama...right?

Reply to
alarman

Feh. Just because you and Limbaugh repeat lies over-and-over, ad-nauseam, does not make me recognize it as truth.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I doubt that you will understand the truth until it is too late. Say Baaaaah.

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.