VPN help needed!!!

We have a branch that is having all kinds of line issues. We are looking at setting up a redundant connection through an existing broadband connection. We have both voice and data that we need setup. We have been trying to use some Linksys VPN routers, but they don't seem capable of handling the amount of data being sent.

I am curious what it would take to go through our Cisco Router? We currently have a 3700 series router at that location. What do we need to setup a redundant link? Additional Hardware? VPN IOS? Does anyone have documentation on how to set this up?

I would really appreciate any help. I am trying to prevent some people from getting fired!

Mike

Reply to
Mike
Loading thread data ...

Hello Mike,

The easiest way is to use Cisco SDM

formatting link
, CCO account required to download as far as I recall). Please check whether your router and IOS version are supported and if somehow not, then you have to do a little bit of typo work:
formatting link
to the url above and look for Cisco Easy VPN Server feature... This is about 12.4 T, but if you are unwilling to upgrade (it's easy) then have on your mind that most Easy VPN Server config commands are identical for both 12.4 T and 12.3 T IOS version as long as they have crypto features...

Have a lot of fun with your Cisco toy:)

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.