Help with monitor on dvr

I have a dvr with all bnc connectors on it. An old monitor I have has rca video & audio jacks on it instead of the bnc connectors. Please tell me what I need to connect a tv or make this monitor work on it. Thanks in advance Dave

Reply to
<noweldrecumbent2
Loading thread data ...

Uh, possibly a BNC to RCA adapter? js

Reply to
alarman

video & audio jacks on it instead of the bnc connectors.

Thanks in advance

Hi Dave,

There are BNC-to-RCA couplers which will do what you want. There's no electronics involved. BNC is just a sturdier connector than RCA. If you can't find a coupler, you can simply take a piece of RG59 coax, attach a BNC to one end and an RCA plug to the other.

RatShak used to sell couplers ages ago. I don't know if they still do though. If you can't locate one let me know and I'll get you one. They only cost a dollar or two.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Radio sHack Part # 278-250 OR Part # 278-303 (depending on which way you go with the adapter) Either is available online or probably your local Radio shack has em on the shelf $5.49 (each)

Reply to
Michael

Reply to
<noweldrecumbent2

I think he was asking if there's any kind of level conversion in this case, rather than just the simple fact that BNCs don't come off as easily.

Reply to
Joe Bramblett

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.