Help installing a Paradox Digiplex DGP-848 with DGP2-641BL keypad

Hi there,

Can anybody please assit me with the necessary steps to start off with to install this alarm system?

I'm making use of hardwired passives to the zone inputs. Thus only my keypad is on the comms bus, the rest is on the zone inputs 1 to 8. One passive per zone.

I'm unsure if EOL resistors are needed on the passives, and the procedure to program the system.

Regards

Johan

Reply to
smitjj
Loading thread data ...

RTFM.

Reply to
julian

Sir, you have chosen quite a sophisticated panel to install. I suspect you will definately need some help and guidance to program this baby from someone familiar with the system.

No, you don't need EOL's to make the system work. They will however give you a measure of extra protection against line tampering or failure.

BTW, this panel will not recognize any zone inputs until they are programmed in.

R.H.Campbell Home Security Metal Products Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

I found the Digiplex to be surprisingly easy to program after the first couple and with their lcd keypad. I would suggest before doing anything it's good to reset the panel (section

970 with the reset jumper on) just to clear any bugs left behind. Manual....we don't need no stinkin manuals!

Reply to
Rocco

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.